Our new flooring

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ned

Moderator Emeritus
The attached photos show the original flooring, how it looked after they ripped it out, and the new flooring.  We are extremely pleased with both the flooring and the work done by Bradd & Hall here in Elkhart.  They finished the job in less than 2 days, ahead of the original estimate.

Attachments

• Before Living Room [800x600].JPG
    Before Living Room [800x600].JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 425
  • Before Galley [800x600].JPG
    Before Galley [800x600].JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 319
  • After removal of carpet [800x600].JPG
    After removal of carpet [800x600].JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 313
  • After removal of original wood [800x600].JPG
    After removal of original wood [800x600].JPG
    86 KB · Views: 260
  • After moving desk [800x600].JPG
    After moving desk [800x600].JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 232
  • Laying new underlayment [800x600].JPG
    Laying new underlayment [800x600].JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 301
  • After Living Room [800x600].JPG
    After Living Room [800x600].JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 354
  • After Living Room 2 [800x600].JPG
    After Living Room 2 [800x600].JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 334
  • After Living Room 3 [800x600].JPG
    After Living Room 3 [800x600].JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 293
  • After Galley [800x600].JPG
    After Galley [800x600].JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 313
  • After Galley 2 [800x600].JPG
    After Galley 2 [800x600].JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 340
Ned:

It looks great! All this because you needed a bolt in your chair. ;D ;D

Funny how one thing leads to another.  You should know that most of all :)

Lookin' good! BUT what does Sasha think of the slippery floor everywhere while chasing her toys?

Looks really nice Ned.  What type of wood did you use?  I'm asking because we keep going back and forth with putting wooden floors in our new house being built.  We are getting mixed information as to whether the dog and cats will scratch the floor with their nails.

Good Job!!

Has it cooled down in Elkart?  It was pretty cool this morning in Ft. Wayne.

Marsha~

rhmahoney said:
Lookin' good! BUT what does Sasha think of the slippery floor everywhere while chasing her toys?

Now Sasha will just slid from the living area through the Galley before bumping into the wall. :D

Sasha does NOT like the floor.  The first time she jumped up the steps, she slid right into the couch.  Now she doesn't want to climb the stairs :)  Of course, everything else slides too now that there's no carpet to hold things in place.  We need to get some non-skid for the recliner so it doesn't move around.

Marsha, we put in Moderna SoundGuard laminate from BHK.  It has it's own backing so no padding is needed.  It's very scratch resistant.  The temps dropped last night and today we're in Indy and it's 56F right now which is about the forecast high for today.

That's a great looking result Ned, congratulations to you and Lorna. One request - please don't show Chris, or I'll be nagged until we do something similar. She really would like to replace the carpet in our coach, although it's not that old.

Tom:

Chris .... Nag?  Surely you jest!  :D

Ned: 

Looks terrific.  I became a loyal Bradd and Hall fan after they helped us remodel our Bounder several years ago.  They do quality work and don't waste any time at all.

Margi

Tom, then you had better not let Chris online to see the photos :)  Hm, perhaps I'll email them to her.

Margi, yes, B&H do excellent work and they finished ahead of schedule.  We only had to spend one night at the B&B.  The job was done the first night.  And they fixed my broken recliner at no charge even before we ordered the flooring.

Any truth to the saying that replacing flooring in your RV is synonymous with changing your tires (i.e. buy new tires, then buy a new RV)?

Nope, no truth at all to that statement.  Just the opposite, with the money we left in Elkhart, we'll be driving this coach for a long time.  Others have come to the same conclusion recently :)

We may put a fresh coat of paint on someday, but we're keeping this one.  It's built better than most of the newer stuff, and has had fewer problems too.

Well Tom, we'll buy a new coach when you make us a loan at 0% APR and $1 down and $1 a week :D

Back
Top Bottom