Cover for door screws

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paditquoi

???
Hi

I need to get  covers for the screws around my door,in case it does not seem  clear to one reading this ,it is the thin black strip of rubber or  vinyl that is used to cover the screws on the rv door.

Thank you

Marie

Marie,

I'm having a tough time visualizing what you need, but it sounds like it might be a seal or trim strip. If you can't get one at an RV dealer or Camping World, try calling the manufacturer. Depending on the age of the RV, they may some in inventory. Alternatively, try some of these RV parts & salvage places.

If it is what I think it is you can find it at Camping World, Most RV dealers and many lumber yards.

Alas, it's name I don't know

Tom, think of the aluminum rail the screws go in and the plastic stirp that fits in the rail to cover the screws.  Standard part on nearly every RV and even my late mother-in-law's kitchen,  Comes in different colors or may be painted.

John In Detroit said:
Standard part on nearly every RV and even my late mother-in-law's kitchen

I'm still at a loss John.

Thanks John, hopefully that answers Marie's question.

[ :)

Thank guys

it actually is a trim strip(and i could not get the name of it from the tip of my tongue to write it down) and it may be the one i saw at camping world who's  3/8" wide and black not white,except that mine does not glue to the steel rails on the side of the doors it snap into it ,but since i have an 1989 Chevy Escaper that could be the replacement for what i got there now,the same trim  also cover the screws around the generator &  hot water  in fact all the trim that are on the side of the RV except for the rail screws trim cover who are 1" and are have severals colors choises everything else is about 3/8 ".

I am also trilled about the list of  sources for RV'S parts & salvage you gave me,i am sure they will come in handy.

Thank you so much.

Marie :-*

The Trim Strip insert that I posted the link to for Tom does, indeed, snap into the metal trim strip, Not glue in (though you could either 1: glue it or 2: lay 2-faced tape in the channel first to hold it, there is no reason to.

As i said, I've seen these at lumber yards as well, and with a much wider selection of color

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom