Pacetti's Marina, Campground and Fishing Resort

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bamboo

Has anyone ever visited Pacetti's Marina, Campground and Fishing Resort in St Johns county Florida and hows the fishing there?

Haven't been there but have fished the St Johns River. Fishing is generally considered "good" on the St Johns but it is a big waterway and local knowledge - or a lot of time to explore and experiment - is a big help. You will want a boat of some kind for the river and the associated tributaries and backwater lagoons. Bank fishing is difficult at best on the St Johns.

Hi Bamboo,

My husband and I actually full-timed at Pacetti's from '92-'94. It was okay back then, unfortunately, haven't been able to make it back since then. I've heard they've made some improvements. From what I remember, the sites were decent sized and level, and a lot of them were pull-thru's. They used to have a pretty decent restaraunt there adjacent to the campground. The campground office/bait store/camp store were all together in one place. There was a boat ramp and room to park the boat trailers. There were always a lot of people fishing on the river by boat. More people fished the big bridge that brought you from Green Cove Springs towards St. Augustine. The people were very friendly back then, but that's RV'ers in general. It's in a GREAT location, just minutes from St. Augustine which is one of my favorite towns, lots to do and great restaurants, stores and beaches. It's just up I-95 to Jacksonville, and I think there's a new big golf course nearby. If it's anything at all like it used to be, it's definitely not a high glamour place. Most of the roads through the place are dirt/sand/shell but you'll have no problems maneuvering them. It also had nice trees for shade. There were a lot of seasonals/fulltimers back then, so I'd check for availability. Avoid the laundrymat, if it hasn't been better maintained than when we were there, we had a bad time with rust stains on our white laundry. We had a filter on the RV and never had a problem.
Hope this info helps. Sorry I don't have more recent experience with the place to share with you. We can't wait to go back, we still have friends that we made when we lived there, and the location makes it ideal to park and roam the area to see different places.

LuAnn

The restaurant has closed and it's a lil run down, but you can catch fish

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom