Just Purchased a 2005 Alpha that was seized by the government

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
chaajoad said:
Tim - I a'm not a businessman and I need to work every week or the bills don't get paid. I'm honestly impressed with the way you've built your business and the numbers you've put out there so I'm truly not trying to be antagonistic, but - why wouldn't you just buy a new MH? Seems like what you want to use it for would qualify for some tax exemptions and your time has to be worth more than hassling with a long list of repairs. If I'm off-base, tell me because I'm honestly curious.
When I bought our used rig I was thinking I could take a second-home deduction as well as some kind of credit because I use it as an office most of the time. I found out that the exemption seems to work only on the interest paid for financing. I paid cash so I guess I'm outta luck on that one.

Your question is absolutely legitament, and I have had that conversation to myself many times.  I truely have never been in an RV or really talked to anyone who has owned one prior to my purchase.  I have spent approx. $600,000 buying/re-investing into my business this year.  Can you imagine I spent $100,000 on ONE commercial dehumidifier last month.  Although it does the work of about 10,000 house hold dehumidifiers it is a very unique piece to own for even Large Restoration Co.'s.  Because I have decided to pursue growth in such a rapid fashion it leaves me with not much time on any one purchase.  I have to take in as much info. as I feel is needed, then follow my gut and pull the trigger.  My business is completely debt free and I don't purchase anything in which I have to burrow money.  With all I have going on, I would go crazy if I had to worry about a bunch of bank notes at night.  (running out of room, so ill do another thread)

I had been looking at my options for a couple months and while I was in that process I traveled to Minnesota, Wisconsin, Ohio for flood damage work.  In order to do this I run the business on the road while my normal day to day work in NewHampshire continues with my other staff.  In order for me to move up the ladder and get on the Large Loss Travel team I felt adding a traveling office to the party plus other things gives me an advantage vs. the other Servpro's.  There is just so much going on in my life time is not on my side.  I am currently performing a cleaning/construction job in Massachusetts that will be in access of $5million.  I truely am not trying to brag just trying to give you an idea of the time I don't have.

The worst part about this RV situation for me is the dealer told me early this week that they are waiting for me to take the RV so they can fix it but I have not had a minute to take it to them.  Meetings after meeting after meetings and a new born and about 2 hours ago I got a call from Corporate asking me to head out with my crew and RV to California to help out with the fire damage out there.  They are telling me it is bigger than Hurrican Katrina on a restoration situation.

Wondering what you guys on this site would give me for advice about taking this RV on a 5 day trip one way?  The problem as I can figure is the generator wont start unless the engine is going?  Wont start on its own.  Would you roll the dice and take it or leave it?

I hope I answered your question.  I know I have been all over the place with this response, but I've been typing while on the phone trying to co-ordinate this fire situation in California.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stubblejumper
Back
Top Bottom