MiniRally in Dallas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caltex

We were privileged to meet some additional members of the forum this week, as Gary and Nancy stopped by on their way home from their summer trip. We spent the day at the Texas State Fair, looking at crafts, automobiles, high rise stacks of playing cards and other interesting things.  Although they didn't stay long enough to get in a day of fishing, I did get Gary into the boat for a ride. (Tom Jones and Jim Dick please note.)

Although we had met many on the forum at the Moab rally this year, we haven't been to an east coast rally yet, so we were happy that Gary and Nancy came through Dallas on their way home. They are every nice folks. The Brincks also met this year's Moab Rally attendees Jim and Ruby Laney and James and Sue Moeller.

This qualifies as a rally because I have pictures!

Attachments

• Robert, Gary, Big Tex.jpg
    Robert, Gary, Big Tex.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 23
Additional pictures from Dallas Mini Rally.

Attachments

• Mary, Nancy, Ruby.jpg
    Mary, Nancy, Ruby.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Nancy, Jim, Gary, Mary.jpg
    Nancy, Jim, Gary, Mary.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 22
  • Gary & Robert.jpg
    Gary & Robert.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 22
Great photos Robert. Where's the photo of the fish you guys caught?

Looks like y'all are enjoying the minnie rally.  But like Tom mentioned where are the fish.  Tom, maybe there aren't any fish to be had there. ;D ;D

Ron said:
...maybe there aren't any fish to be had there.

Robert's refrigerator and freezer are always full of catfish and bass that he catches. IIRC he's even posted some photos of the big ones here. I didn't see any fishing poles in the boat in that photo though.

Tom said:
Robert's refrigerator and freezer are always full of catfish and bass that he catches. IIRC he's even posted some photos of the big ones here. I didn't see any fishing poles in the boat in that photo though.

I know there were fish down there but one never knows. ;D ;D ;D ;)

Ron from Big D said:
Sorry to hear we weren't included up here in Richardson.  Might have been too busy to do much however.

We still hope to get together when we get there next month Ron.  Maybe we can have a bigger minie rally than last year.

I know there were fish down there but one never knows.

OK Tom and Ron, since the boat was still uncovered I went out for about a half hour,  Came back with these Hybrids (sand bass/stripers).  Not big, but they are tasty.  Couldn't get Gary to stay this afternoon to go fishing.

Ron from Big D, sorry I didn't think to give you a call.  Next time.

Ron M,

You missed the freebie "seniors day" at the TX state fair.

Wish we could have stayed longer and done some fishing, but we had some further stops in mind before heading to the SE Rally next weekend. It was so windy during our visit that boating/fishing was out of the question, so naturally it turned calm and sunny on the day we planned to leave. Managed a short boat ride before we left, though.

The Texas State Fair was fun. The girls bought rocks. Yes, rocks.  Not pet rocks, but colorful native stone of various types made into oil lamps by an Indian craftsman. Neat looking and quite ingenious besides.

Thanks, Robert & Mary, for your splendid hospitality.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom