SE Rally - who's there and what's happening?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary RV_Wizard

Site Team
The 2007 Fall SE Rally is about to get underway - several people are already there and Nancy & I arrive today (Saturday). I've started this thread to hold current rally info, pictures, etc.  because the other one is cluttered with pre-rally chit-chat.

To recap the basics:

WHERE: Wales West RV Park just east of Mobile, AL

WHO IS THERE:
10 rigs have reserved...

Gary & Nancy Brinck
Frank & Barb
Joel & Camille Myers
Ned & Lorna Reiter
Jim & Tarry Johnson
Werner & Carol Carstensen (aka carson)
Karl Kolbus
Ray & Ladonna Baginski
Jim & Pat Dick
Tim & Marsha Lassen

WHAT'S HAPPENING?

Here are the plans so far (such as they are). As usual, everything is pretty much ad hoc...

Nancy & Gary will provide burgers, dogs and sausage on the grill on Sunday night. 

There will be a "Social" with refreshments sponsored by the Lazy Days Crown Club too. Might even do that tonight (Saturday) if everybody is already on site.

Breakfast/brunch planned for Tuesday a.m. - the men do the cooking and cleaning and the ladies are responsible for eating and gossiping.

That's a great group of folks Gary and it sounds like you'll have a fun rally. Wish we could have been there.

Gary:

Please say hi to everyone.  Worry that we had a conflict this year with the Blue Bird Rally in the Valley.  There are about 90 coaches here now in the staging area and we move to our permanent parking tomorrow morning.  New Owners this year and we are excited about what seems to be happening with the new management.

Wonderful weather.

Ron and Shirley

Looks like a great group, Sorry we are missing it. We are having a great time here in Australia. I went on an all night
111 km canoe marathon with my brother-in-law last night. I was part of of the road crew. Please tell everyone we
said hello.

Dave & Jeanette

Dave & Jeanette...
Just because you are enjoying yourselves in Sydney does not mean we aren't going to talk about you... in fact, just the opposite, because we are all jealous!!!

A couple photos from Saturday nite... including giving due credit to the Lazy Days Crown Club for sponsoring the refreshments.  ;D

Attachments

• DSC01350 (Small).JPG
    DSC01350 (Small).JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC01352 (Small).JPG
    DSC01352 (Small).JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 68
Some photos from yesterday and today's breakfast...

The train is the the park's narrow gauge railroad, powered by a small steam locomotive named the Dame Anne. It's decorated for Halloween and gets lot of riders every day - folks most come from miles around.

The last photo is one for the record books - we actually captured Jim Dick helping clean up the kitchen after breakfast!  :eek: :eek: :eek:

Attachments

• DSC01359 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01359 (Medium).JPG
    142.3 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC01369 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01369 (Medium).JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 56
  • DSC01370 (Small).JPG
    DSC01370 (Small).JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC01371 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01371 (Medium).JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 56
  • DSC01374 (Small).JPG
    DSC01374 (Small).JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 59
Great photos Gary, thanks. Since you're at Wales West, I was expecting to see everyone riding around in a coal train.

RV Roamer said:
Some photos from yesterday and today's breakfast...
The train is the the park's narrow gauge railroad, powered by a small steam locomotive named the Dame Anne. It's decorated for Halloween and gets lot of riders every day - folks most come from miles around.The last photo is one for the record books - we actually captured Jim Dick helping clean up the kitchen after breakfast! 

Boy,
It sure looks like a neat facility.  I don't recall very many rallies with all of the ammenities it looks like you guys have.  Cleaning up when you have running water is much easier than our usual dry camp version.  Thanks for sharing.

Betty

Back
Top Bottom