SE Rally - who's there and what's happening?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is a really nice park - a true gem.  Solid 50A power, satellite friendly as well as park cable tv, sites are both wide and long, every facility including a heated indoor pool, nice laundry, individual bath/shower rooms, etc. as well as the park like grounds and the train.

Wow!  The gals were REALLY spoiled at breakfast.  The guys cooked AND cleaned up.  Amazing sight!  ;D

ArdraF

It's so nice here that Tim and I are staying an extra day.  This has been a great rally.  Most of us took the train ride last night through the haunted village and the pumpkin patch.  The weather has been nice, but yesterday was warm.

Thanks to Gary and Nancy for organizing the event.  Last night was our pot luck with halloween table cloths and halloween deocrations with lots of laughs around the campfire....oh, and fabulous dessets!!!

The night before we even worked in a game of Mexican Train.  May even work in another game this afternoon or tonight.  Great fun.

Marsha~

Well it's sad, but all good things must come to an end.  We've met new framily and made new friends.  Talked about everything and nothing.  Had great happy hours and wonderful campfires. Good food, and wonderful friends make for a great time.

We are gonna miss all of the framily that was here at the rally...........Well OK, I've started thinking about Q.

See You There
Barb

Rally photos are now in the photo gallery. Click the Photos button in the toolbar above and select the respective album. Thanks to all for posting the photos.

Hi all,

Carol and I really enjoyed the experience and meeting all those that attended.
We would like to thank Gary and Nancy especially for all the effort and work they put into this wonderful get-together.

I'll add a few more images below. A few didn't turn out: too dark, no full moon  :)

carson FL, back home 11/02/07

Attachments

• WW Breakfast chefs.jpg
    WW Breakfast chefs.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 42
  • WW Breakfast 07.jpg
    WW Breakfast 07.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 36
  • WW Breakfast 07_2.jpg
    WW Breakfast 07_2.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 37
  • WW Potluck 1.jpg
    WW Potluck 1.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 39
  • WW Potluck 2.jpg
    WW Potluck 2.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 37
  • WW Potluck 4.jpg
    WW Potluck 4.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 40
  • WW locomotive.jpg
    WW locomotive.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 45
  • Winnie Waleswest.jpg
    Winnie Waleswest.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 43
Thanks, Carson. Glad you and Carol came so we could meet - it was a pleasure to get to know you two better.  Hope our chatter didn't scare you off from attending future rallys - this group can get pretty irreverent at times!!!  ;) ;) ;)

Carson, thanks for the photos.  Sorry we didn't get to say goodbye when you pulled out, but I'm sure we'll meet again at another rally.

After a particularly long day's driving (28 miles) to the Blue Angels Fam Camp at Pensacola, FL, Jim and Pat Dick, Jim and Tari Johnson, and I settled down for an arduous week of relaxation before attending the Blue Angels homecoming festivities; pic's attached. Sites are not reserved and there were only two in the full hook-up area, so I had to 'settle' for one in the electric/water only area. All sites are heavily wooded, but I was lucky to find one that looked to be almost satellite friendly. Parked the rig, hit the 'search' button, and was online in about 5 minutes! ;D Wish you all could have been here to share the food, conversation, and the beautiful sunset. 

After a great week at Wales West, hope you all are having fun wherever you are.

Karl

Attachments

• DSCN0007.jpg
    DSCN0007.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCN0009.jpg
    DSCN0009.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCN0010.jpg
    DSCN0010.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 38
That magic button will even find holes in the trees :)  We're staying in Baton Rouge until Monday, then will be in Livingston on Tuesday.

Yes, thanks for posts and photos.  Looks like you all enjoyed it.

ArdraF

Hi Everyone,

After leaving Wales West on Friday and caravaning with Ned/Lorna and Frank/Barb, we are now in Layafette, La with my cousin.  I told her we wanted some local culture and boy have we been seeing it.  This morning we went to CAfe Des Amis an old historic cafe in Breaux Bridge and watched a Zydeco band.  It was fantastic!!!  They on play on Saturday morning only; and people dance to the Zydeco music.  It's a special step; but Tim and I danced anyway and acted like we knew what we were doing.  Zydeco is special Louisiana music that is played on a washboard, with an accordian, drums and several guitars. 

Tonight we are going to a see a Cajun band; and tomorrow a swamp float trip.

Thanks Karl, for the chilli!!!

Marsha~

Karl said:
After a particularly long day's driving (28 miles) to the Blue Angels Fam Camp at Pensacola, FL, Jim and Pat Dick, Jim and Tari Johnson, and I settled down for an arduous week of relaxation before attending the Blue Angels homecoming festivities; pic's attached. Sites are not reserved and there were only two in the full hook-up area, so I had to 'settle' for one in the electric/water only area. All sites are heavily wooded, but I was lucky to find one that looked to be almost satellite friendly. Parked the rig, hit the 'search' button, and was online in about 5 minutes! ;D Wish you all could have been here to share the food, conversation, and the beautiful sunset. 

After a great week at Wales West, hope you all are having fun wherever you are.

Karl

Karl,

Sorry you had to "settle" for that primitive site but, as far as I can tell, you volunteered. Thought you learned better in the military!!! ;D Great sunset shot. Haven't  had one that good yet since I didn't have my camera that night. I must say that pork shoulder was the best pork I have had in MANY years!!!!

We had the chili last night to celebrate another Packer win.  Delicious, thanks, Karl.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom