Lay Off Leopard, for now...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlexSian

Just a heads up... there have been various reports of EVDO devices and/or their software connection managers that have stopped working after an upgrade or clean install of Mac OSX 10.5 aka "Leopard".

Its probably in everyone's best interest to let this play out for a week or two and see what the Mac+EVDO Experts at 3GStore conclude.  ;)

Anyone using Filemaker Pro definitely should not upgrade to the new Leopard OS until Filemaker (owned by Apple) releases a fix. They are planning to update version 9 on or around the 19th of Nov., but very possibly not earlier versions of the database software.

No need to wait to upgrade to Leopard... IF you use superdooper or carbon copy cloner to clone the HD to a firewire external disk.

Then upgrade the external disk to Leopard and use the control pane "start up disk" to select which OS version to use.

I Picked up 10.5 after 8 PM last friday in Tucson and loaded it on my intel 15 in macbook pro via the erase and install option. When the installer asked, I attached the 17 in computer in target disk mode and loaded the user files and settings from that. This proved to be safe, especially as I had the Unsanity haxie installed on the 17 incher. Had I tried to just upgrade, this would have been included and would have caused a windows style blue screen of death (kernel panic).

Hey, rhmahoney, I understand your methodology there, bit it seems like you are operating far ahead of my capabilities. I think I will simply wait until some of the software folks have their Leopard updates finished, and then upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom