2006 Honda Element Dinghy Set-up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Blue Ox Apollo uses air pressure to pull the brake pedal back after braking, as well as pushing it forward.  See my comments from today on another thread about an independent indicator of actual braking.

And you're right, some times the old ways are still the best :)

The "electronic radio-wave device" that Roadmaster supplies appears to be different than the remote sensor that comes with the Blue Ox Apollo braking system.  When the Blue Ox remote sensor lights the light in the motorhome indicating that the toad brakes are applied, that signal does not come from the Apollo braking system.  The signal comes from tapping into the wire that actually lights the toad's brake lights.  So whenever the toad's brake pedal is depressed enough to light the toad's brakes, the indicator light in the motorhome will come on simultaneously.  So the case you mention of the Even Brake not releasing the brake pedal would have been sensed by the Blue Ox remote sensor.

This reminds me of the time I pulled away after hooking up the toad and the remote sensor light came on immediately.  I hadn't driven 5 feet forward and the light was already on.  Turns out the breakaway switch plug had been pulled out when I drove away because when I hooked up the towbar I forgot to pull ahead to lock the adjustable arms on the towbar and I had adjusted the breakaway cable without a lot of slack.  So when I pulled away, the towbar arms extended before locking in place and actually took the slack right out of the breakaway cable and actually activated the breakaway system which automatically applied the toad's brakes.  The remote sensor saved the day for me there, I can assure you! 

LIVE AND LEARN!
As I stated earlier in this thread, the main reason I didn't go with Blue Ox, is their base plates necessitate the modification to the frame of the Honda. From what you say, Blue Ox's warning system is a little better than Roadmasters. But my main reason for the "hardwired" waring light, was I didn't want to depend on radio transmissions for the warning. I'm sure most people have lost their music radio signals in big cities at sometime; with my hardwired light, I believe I have all the bases covered.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom