80-96 f150 leaf springs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carson398

I have a 1988 f150 the springs I have on it are not strong enough. I was going to put air bags under it, until I did some research. The f150's have two sets of springs that came on them. With some more digging, I found that the second set where 3/4 ton springs. If you look up the part numbers for the 5 leaf springs on the f150, matches up to the 5 leaf spring on the f 250. I am going to the junkyard and get a set for $20, can't beat that. I will post the results and picks of the change over. :D

Just remember the DOT weight ratings for your truck will not change with any modifications unless you can get the manufacturer to update the original DOT weight ratings.  Don't think that is going to happen.

Why in the  would you spend all that effort to use something that would be illegal to carry heavier weights than the manufacturer states on the Tag.  You have a wreck for any reason, even someone hitting you, they will come down on you so hard you will will be looking up to the bottom step and need a ladder to get there.  JMO

The springs are a better solution than the air bags and how can you beat $20 (plus your labor, of course)?  As you have figured out, back in those years an F250 was simply an F150 with heavier springs for a greater payload. It wasn't until 1999 that the 250 became a Superduty model with the same frame as the F350.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom