Xplorer Opinions Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

estes53

I am a nature photographer and My wife is a painter.

Am considering a 4X4 or 6X6 Class C and having them leave out the dinette, so my wife will have a place to paint.

We could install a fold up/down table and buy some nice folding chairs, for eating.

Am looking at the Xplorer.

Any opinions about that company out there.

Looks like a nice rig and ideal for what you want to do. Unfortunately I don't recall hearing from any members here (or elsewhere) that own one. Hopefully I'm wrong and somebody will ring in with an owner report.

We have owned two Xplorers in the past. Both the the chassis and the coach held up well. One was driven to Alaska and back. It fared very well and so did we. The only problem that you might call a problem was the two windows in the front of the shell just over the driver and passengers head. We recieved several star chips in them on the trip. Had they been glass they would have broken. We also had one of them leak.

Both coaches were on the Dodge chassis. Both had the 318 engine. A little weak for towing in the mountains. The 360 would have been better. Also the wheel and tire size was maxed out for load capacity. In fact, by the time every thing was loaded we were about 200 lbs. over max capacity. I just told the wife she couldn't go. Didn't work.

The interior was laid out very well and the space was better utilised than in the Coach House that we later bought. I personally feel that they are built just as good or better in some cases than some of the Major brands.

Jerry

Back
Top Bottom