Mini Rally in Pensacola

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim Dick

Moderator Emeritus
We have been in Pensacola with the Johnson's and Karl Kolbus. On Thursday we were extremely happy to be able to meet up with Gordy & Colleen Clarke for lunch and Sonny's Barbeque. We haven't seen them since they bought a lot in North Ft. Myers several years ago. They never used it and spent most of their time at Key West NAS. They now live in a house in Pace, FL, just north of Pensacola. We will be going there this afternoon for another visit. It sure is good to see them again. They are doing OK. They sold the Endeavour and now have a 27' gas Class A. I will try to get them to use it more often. :)

Jim

Please say hi to Gordy and Colleen for us.  It's been years since we saw them.  I think it was at the minirally we had at Tamiami Village. Gordy help me plumb my water filter in the utility bay.  Their Endeavor was identical to ours and they bought it from the same dealer we did, and he actually had our entrance door :)

Jim, Pat and myself went to the Blue Angels Homecoming Air Show yesterday and had a great time! Much more than a normal air show, it had some special features like a 3-jet powered truck and some special effects that took everyone by surprise. Nearly continuous entertainment from about 1000 to 1500 hours. Jim and Tarry are going today; Nancy and Russell will be there too, but don't know if they'll hook up with the Johnsons. Sorry you couldn't all have been there - it's a show not to be missed :)

So nice to hear news about Gordy and Colleen.  We have nice memories of time spent with the two of them.

Margi

Hi All,

I was not able to read the responses before visiting with Gordy & Colleen but he certainly questioned me about the status of many of the members he knew. He's trying to log in but having some difficulty but, hopefully, he'll be online before too long. I'm attaching two photos I took at their lovely home. They live north of Pensacola in a golfing community. We had a fabulous lunch that prevented me from having dinner. A lovely tri tip steak with baked potato and green beans as well as salad and desert. I was stuffed when we left!

It sure was a great treat to see them again and we're hoping they will be stopping by this winter at TGO.  Attached are two photos I took just before we left. The little moppet is Daisy. :)

Attachments

• IMG_7125 (Large).JPG
    IMG_7125 (Large).JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_7126 (Large).JPG
    IMG_7126 (Large).JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 30
Jim

Thanks for the pictures of Gordy and Colleen.  Hopefully we can visit them next Fall when we return from the Motosat rally at Lazy Days.  Be sure to greet them for us if you see them again.

I'm a few days late in reading this, but we were happy to hear you were able to meet up with Gordie and Coleen again.  We've missed them as well.  The pictures were great and they don't look any different than the last time we saw them. 

The little moppet is Daisy.
  Sure hope I didn't have any influence on that!!!!  We've got, a dachshund with the same name, living next to me and every time the owner calls to her, I'm tempted to answer "woof!  woof!      ::)

Daisy

Hi Daisy,

It sure was great to see them again. Gordy has slowed down a little but he's still Gordy. ;D Sure hope they can stop by early next year.

I wonder about the naming of the dog. Perhaps they missed you, too. :)

Jim

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom