Mini-rally at Rainbow's End - Livingston TX

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lorna

Today Jack and Liz Pearce, Frank and Barb Weimert, Ned and Lorna Reiter gathered for Happy Hour at Rainbow's End for good visiting and of course all of you were discussed ;) ;D

Attachments

• Liz Jackson Ned (Medium) (2).JPG
    Liz Jackson Ned (Medium) (2).JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 43
  • Barb Frank Liz (Medium).JPG
    Barb Frank Liz (Medium).JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 40
You all are looking well. Sorry we couldn't be there but we are in Dallas visiting the kids.  Thanks for the photos.

Hopefully we will be able to have a minie rally in Dallas next week or so.

Lorna:

You are about four weeks ahead of us. See you in AZ.

You all look entirely too comfortable and relaxed!  ;)

ArdraF

ArdraF said:
You all look entirely too comfortable and relaxed!  ;)

Not any more.  We had spaghetti with Italian sausage, which Lorna made for dinner tonight. We also had salad, bread, and apple pie.  Dinner was excellent. We all had to sit and yak for while before walking home, cause we eat too much.  Another wonderful day here at Rainbows End had come and gone.

Barb

Jeff and Sue

We will be at Rainbow's End until the Wed before Thanksgiving when we will move to Forest Retreat RV Park in New Cane north of the Houston Airport because I will be flying to Puerto Vallarta, Mex. for a visit with my niece and her family.  We will be there for one week and will then head for Rockport and points west.  I will fly out on Thanksgiving Day and return the following Monday.  Maybe we will meet up somewhere in TX.

Barb said:
Not any more.  We had spaghetti with Italian sausage, which Lorna made for dinner tonight. We also had salad, bread, and apple pie.  Dinner was excellent. We all had to sit and yak for while before walking home, cause we eat too much.  Another wonderful day here at Rainbows End had come and gone.

Barb

Yummy. The food and company were really good. It was really wonderful to get together with Framily, again.

Regards,
Liz

Lorna said:
Jeff and Sue

We will be at Rainbow's End until the Wed before Thanksgiving when we will move to Forest Retreat RV Park in New Cane north of the Houston Airport because I will be flying to Puerto Vallarta, Mex. for a visit with my niece and her family.  We will be there for one week and will then head for Rockport and points west.  I will fly out on Thanksgiving Day and return the following Monday.  Maybe we will meet up somewhere in TX.

Lorna,

Be careful coming into Forest Retreat in New Caney, and then on into the airport.  Lots of road construction for widening of lanes on 59.  It starts just before the Roman Forest exit (actually around the 242 exit) and goes pretty much all the way to Kingwood.  The mainlanes and the access roads are all messed up.  As you pass Roman Forest, hang a hand out and wave as you go by!

They were working on 59 last year when we traveled from Livingston to League City.  They must be making th 59 construction a retirement job like I-45. ;D

But not as exciting as I-40 after you've left your wife at the Flying J in Amarillo and drove 20 miles before realizing it.  ;D ;D ;D

Shayne said:
But not as exciting as I-40 after you've left your wife at the Flying J in Amarillo and drove 20 miles before realizing it.   ;D ;D ;D

Now see Shayne I am notthe only one bringing that up.  But you are the only RVer I know that would leave his bride standing at a Flying J without a phone so she had to borrow a phone to call you. ;D ;D ;D

Ron said:
They were working on 59 last year when we traveled from Livingston to League City.  They must be making th 59 construction a retirement job like I-45. ;D

Well, seeing as how Hwy 59 will someday be I-69, they need to upgrade it and update it.  I think the 3/4 lane stuff will end right there at Roman Forest (or 242 just beyond).  I don't think there's any plans to take it all the way to Cleveland (TX).  They just finished laying the cement for the center of the highway and will be rerouting traffic from the old stuff (southbound) on to the new center cement.  Then they will finish tearing up the old highway from Porter (Hwy 1314) to the Northpark exit (where they were working on it last year Ron).  They haven't even started on the northbound side yet, except for some preliminary stuff on the access roads.  All the southbound access roads are all messed up right now.  And that's the report for now.

edjunior said:
Well, seeing as how Hwy 59 will someday be I-69, they need to upgrade it and update it.  I think the 3/4 lane stuff will end right there at Roman Forest (or 242 just beyond).  I don't think there's any plans to take it all the way to Cleveland (TX).  They just finished laying the cement for the center of the highway and will be rerouting traffic from the old stuff (southbound) on to the new center cement.  Then they will finish tearing up the old highway from Porter (Hwy 1314) to the Northpark exit (where they were working on it last year Ron).  They haven't even started on the northbound side yet, except for some preliminary stuff on the access roads.  All the southbound access roads are all messed up right now.  And that's the report for now.

Thanks for the info.  When we head to League City from the Dallas are we will probably bypass stopping in Livingston and just head down the dreaded
I-45.

Ron said:
Thanks for the info.  When we head to League City from the Dallas are we will probably bypass stopping in Livingston and just head down the dreaded
I-45.

Ron,

Not sure where your going to stay this time, but there are a couple of pretty nice parks over here near Kemah, that are easy to get to, by going around the 610 loop and exiting on hwy 225 through Pasadena and Laporte, turn south on hwy 146 to Kemah. Barely any traffic compared to I-45.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom