VETERANS DAY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ava

Just wanted to take this moment to say THANK YOU to all the veterans
on the RV Forum Community. This is a great country and I thank you for
everything you did for me.

Ditto ava and thanks for posting that reminder.

Two years ago my last official duty after retirement (actually after) was hosting our crew working an aviation trade show in Tampa. We returned to the downtown hotel where we were staying around 5:00PM to learn the Marines were having their 230th birthday bash on the floor above. We were sitting in the lobby bar and after a couple of drinks informed the bartender a Marine's money was no good in the bar. We had a great time meeting a great group of young NCOs and Officers and their wives as well as some VERY old Marines who were being honored.

Best three hundred bucks we ever spent in a bar.

Jeff Cousins said:
Two years ago my last official duty after retirement (actually after) was hosting our crew working an aviation trade show in Tampa. We returned to the downtown hotel where we were staying around 5:00PM to learn the Marines were having their 230th birthday bash on the floor above. We were sitting in the lobby bar and after a couple of drinks informed the bartender a Marine's money was no good in the bar. We had a great time meeting a great group of young NCOs and Officers and their wives as well as some VERY old Marines who were being honored.

Best three hundred bucks we ever spent in a bar.

As they would say down under "GOOD ON YA MATE".  Very thoughtful of you.

Ron said:
As they would say down under "GOOD ON YA MATE".  Very thoughtful of you.

Ron:

You missed the part where I said "after a couple of drinks". ;D

Better late than never:

"I was that which others cared not to be - went where they feared to go and did what they failed to do.
    I asked nothing from those that gave nothing and I reluctantly accepted the thought of eternal loneliness should I have failed.
    I've seen terror and felt fear, laughed and cried and prayed - all in a time that others would forget.
    Now, in my later years, I'm able to say, with the greatest pride, that I was a Soldier....."

(author unknown).....bill

Back
Top Bottom