Tracks to Adventure National Parks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joe Bee

Has anyone taken the Tracks 33 day Western National Parks Tour?  All feedback would be greatly appreciated.

No, we've never taken any tour (Tracks or others) within the U.S. and Canada.  We've always wondered why people want to do that when they can do the same thing on their own and at their own pace.  From my viewpoint a tour doesn't allow you enough time to see and do what YOU want to see and do.  We prefer to have the flexibility of changing direction if we choose.  I guess I just don't like to feel like I'm being "herded" around.

Tracks was very good when we took their Copper Canyon tour.  In Mexico you're probably better going with a tour group, especially if you don't speak Spanish.  We had a great time on that trip and met some very nice people with whom we're still in touch 15 years later, so I'm not saying tours are bad, it's just that we prefer to be on our own and do things at our own pace.

ArdraF

I agree with Ardra on traveling in the USA or Canada.  Why would I want to restrict myself with somebody elses schedule.  Why we don't even make reservations except for special events since we could very well change our minds and head in another direction.

WHY USE TRACKS?

1. Too lazy to plan a trip
2. Haven't traveled in the West before and have been told that our coach size is a problem
3. We'd use the trip as a way to decide what we would want to come back and see later
4. It would be our first multi stop long trip.
5. We enjoyed cruises because we got to meet and develop friendships over an extended time period.
Did I mention Lazy?

Joe Bee said:
WHY USE TRACKS?
1. Too lazy to plan a trip
2. Haven't traveled in the West before and have been told that our coach size is a problem
3. We'd use the trip as a way to decide what we would want to come back and see later
4. It would be our first multi stop long trip.
5. We enjoyed cruises because we got to meet and develop friendships over an extended time period.
Did I mention Lazy?

Joe,

Your reasons are sound to me.  We have taken a few short caravans ito  Canada, to the Rose Bowl Parade and the Copper Canyon Trip in Mexico with a Caravan.  The biggest thing I can compare a caravan to  is that it is like having room service and valet parking.  The reservations are made for you, itinerary planned with  especially fun group activities and you just don't have to worry and plan.  I have  several life long friends from these adventures as we all had to put outselves out there to make friends.  I think those who travel in groups are friendly and want to make the friends so the social stuff happens easily. Tour groups often get the best blocks of tickets at events and they know really good spots.  I would have no problem recommending a Caravan for a first trip and like you say, make notes of where you may like to return  on your own at your own pace.  (The only problem you may be anticipating is that I don't see much problem in west for big size rigs if you avoid state parks and call ahead to see what they say they will accommodate.)    If you love cruises you will love caravans.  Does not make you lazy at all , you just want convenience.  Have fun and be sure to give us reports here as we love to travel along with friends on a trip.

Betty

Betty:
Thanks for the kind words.  You have assured Susan that we are doing the right thing. Yes, we have enjoyed cruising for the same reason we enjoy the RV lifestyle.  No packing and unpacking, really nice people to meet, planned visits to interesting places etc.  We too have become friends with folks who we met on board years ago.  Room service and valet parking is OK with us.  Yes we could do the trip for less money but with diesel @ $3.50 and 6.7 MPG, you don't RV to save lots of money.

I have read the travels of several forum members on their trips and can't believe that I can be that diligent to sit down everynight and report but I'll try.  The reports have given us great reading enjoyment.  We are disappointwed that the Copper Canyon tours are changed forever.  We have read the past stories and had hoped to do the CC in Jan of 09.  We might still do it but it won't be the same as you all did.

Joe:

As Betty has said so well we enjoyed our caravan for the convenience and especially the social life of the trip.

We have met friends from Mexico twice so far this month in Florida and 4-5 couples are gathering for brunch this coming Sunday here in Punta Gorda. Anothergreat group of friends from our 6 weeks in Mexico. Several of the group are caravan junkies. They plan almost all of their their RV travel around an Adventure Caravan to somewhere much like those who enjoy cruises.

Like Jerry and Ardra we do enjoy moving at our own pace so will use caravans for things like trips to Mexico.

To get all the 'Early Bird Specials' I'm going to have to pull the trigger on Monday.
Say it now or wait for my trip reports in May.

Jeff and Sue

Susan and I hope to be able to report as well as you have.
Happy Holidays.
Joe & Susan

Tracks canceled their Spring Western Parks Caravan.  It wasn't ment to be.  We are enjoying Betty's reports from Merico.

Joe:

That is too bad. Have you checked Fantasy and Adventure?

Joe Bee said:
Tracks canceled their Spring Western Parks Caravan.  It wasn't ment to be. 

Hi joe,

If you send me an email address, I'll get you information on a Grand Circle Tour in August by Adventure Caravans that will have the Tailgunner of our Mexico trip as Wagonmaster.  You can ad an icon on your forum profile to make it easier to send you an email.Or just email me and I'll get you some caravan info.  It is just too much fun to miss. Thanks for your kind words on following our log!

Betty

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom