A river in Oregon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Here's yours truly (a few lbs lighter) fly fishing a river in Oregon. Anyone recognize the river?

Attachments

• OregonFishing.jpg
    OregonFishing.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 62
Definitely not the Rogue, but it was so long ago that I don't recall which one it was  ;D  Maybe I should get the map out and try to figure it out.

Tom said:
Definitely not the Rogue, but it was so long ago that I don't recall which one it was  ;D  Maybe I should get the map out and try to figure it out.
Do you remember whether it was North, South or West? Don't think it would be Eastern Oregon because that's pretty desert-like. Just got my curiosity up a bit. I live in Oregon.

Lemme go through my notes of that trip. I recall we went up the coast and came came down through central Oregon. Didn't get too far north.

James Godward said:
My guess is in the mountains near Sisters!

Jim, I have no idea who or where the Sisters are.

Tom,

Sisters is west of Bend, OR on rt. 20. Small tourist town where we happened to be staying one time. When we returned from a day trip I spotted a familiar looking coach parked two sites away. It turned out to be none other than Dr. Russ Mahoney! :)

Jim/Jim

Don't recall going to Sisters, although I do recall driving through Bend. But this was so long ago that I'm having a tough time reconstructing the trip.

Tom,

If you came from the Junction City area you probably went through Sisters. However, being a small town you might not remember it.

Jim, I don't recall being in JC either, but time has a way of erasing things from my memory.

LOL Jim. Just taking a breather/cool down after a trip to the hardware store. Found some cracked/leaking plumbing under the galley sink as I was prepping the coach for our trip.

I'm sure Chris would love to visit the quilt show Ron. But the female half of the other couple has no interest in crafts.

Tom said:
LOL Jim. Just taking a breather/cool down after a trip to the hardware store. Found some cracked/leaking plumbing under the galley sink as I was prepping the coach for our trip.

Tom,

Glad you found the leak before you hit the road!

I was just getting something out of the freezer and had the handle come off in my hand. The freezer seems to lock up once it has been opened. If you let it sit for a couple of minutes it will open normally. Of course I couldn't wait so I tugged on the handle a little too hard. Fortunately the handle is held in place by two drive pins. One of them was just barely seated in the hole. I'll fix it tomorrow. :)

Here's the plumbing story Jim.

Yesterday I was getting some stuff done on the boat. Had a skinny relative squeeze around the outboard sides of both engines to change zincs (I don't fit there). I heard a loud crack followed by "oh darn"(or a more colorful equivalent) and then heard water rushing in. To leverage himself into the tight space he'd shoved his foot hard against a manifold feeding sea water to three a/c units. I need all three working when we leave right after the OR/WA trip. A temporary repair was made to be followed by an order for a permanent replacement.

Seems like it's my week for water leaks  :(

Tom,

I can relate to water problems. I have had many while working at the dealership. This year I've been lucky but I also haven't worked much. ;D

I gather from your reply to Jim, Tom, which references and OR/WA trip that there will be no BC in this trip.

Would I be right?  If so, too bad.  I was hoping to meet up with you in Vancouver, if not on the Sunshine Coast.

Ciao,

Doug

DougJ said:
there will be no BC in this trip.

That's correct Doug. The plan changed when our overseas visitors decided to stay an extra week, which causes us to leave here a week later than originally planned. We have another commitment/plan back here at the end of the trip, so we can't extend it. Therefore we had to compress everything into two weeks and came to the realization that BC was out this time around.

Back
Top Bottom