FMCA Pomona 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sheila and I have signed up. We will be there with Judy and Ollie our friends from Happy Trail. Some of you met them at Moab and or Torrey.

ken

MikeCoke said:
Wendy, Gordon & I arrived at the holding area at the Pomona FMCA Rally today & will move into our Rally spot in the morning.
Anyone else here???
Mike

Marlene and I were parked this morning. We are located in front of the entertainment Grandstand near Seminar 10 and across the street from the morning coffee & doughnuts location.

Got parked this morning & we are in Section H 2nd Street about 5 rigs from the end near Gate 17.
We also have a lake under us but at least the entry door is not in the Lake.
Mike

MikeCoke said:
Got parked this morning & we are in Section H 2nd Street about 5 rigs from the end near Gate 17.
We also have a lake under us but at least the entry door is not in the Lake.
Mike

I bet they won't even charge you extra for the lake access since they haven't planted any fish yet. ;D ;D

They snuck some more people in on the end of our row after Mike posted our location. We're now 12 rigs down from the Gate 17 end (Winnebago Sightseer - look for the Coke mudflaps). Jim, you must be right behind the rigs that are right behind us !! Hopefully, it's done raining, the lake will go away, and we can do Happy Hour ! Now, if we can just find the Dobrins.

Sorry Ron, no fish, just deep enough to reach your ankles but not deep enough to hold any fish worth fishing for....and a royal PITA getting Gordon in and out of the coach with only damp feet.

Wendy

Wendy,

Dobrins are easy to find.  They are in the silver(?) Travel Supreme alongside the grand stand just down from the trolley transfer station!!!

Wendy,

What are you doing dragging the bad weather long with you? ??? ??? ???  Severe clear with no chance of improvement here in Goodyear, AZ. :D :D

Ron said:
Wendy,

What are you doing dragging the bad weather long with you? ??? ??? ???  Severe clear with no chance of improvement here in Goodyear, AZ. :D :D

That's the forecast for the rest of the week here also, Ron. Mid 70s every day.

We arrived Sunday. We are park in Section H, Street five. We are directly across, 1/2 row back, from the Ticket booth at the southwest entrance to Lot G.

2000 Monaco Windsor, Silver Saturn Vue

Ken & Sheila

The lake in our site is still here but it's shrunk down to guppy size. And the sun was shining all day making our solar panels happy-happy.

Tomorrow the exhibits open up and it's off shopping !

Wendy & Mike

Just wanted to say thanks for the fun reading about the FMCA rally this past weekend which we were forced to miss. My wife and I have been looking forward to it for months. Fairplex is a mere twenty minutes drive from our house but while all of you were rolling into the neighborhood we had to head north to the Sacramento area to bury my wife's father who passed away on Valentine's Day.

We did see a lot of nice rigs and toads heading north on I-5 while we were making the return trip yesterday. Really disappointed we missed it.

:'(

Sorry to hear about your wife's father and that you missed the rally.

We've had a great time but now all that's left to do is pack up, get in line for the dump station tomorrow morning, and head out.

Worst thing about the rally - Not enough spaces in the craft seminars; no easy dog walking places

Best thing about the rally - free wine tasting at the Livingstone Cellars Airstream...you could stay and drink until the exhibit area closed up at 5 pm....and seeing old friends and making new ones.

Wendy
final day at Pomona Fairplex

Thanks to all for the sympathies over the passing of my father-in-law. It merely reminds us all to live as well as we can.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom