EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Full hook ups and plus Cool Camping 'tween LA and SF  (Read 1659 times)

28ft

• ---
  • You never lived in an RV... You ain't no fulltimer
    • 28ft Interweb Central
Full hook ups and plus Cool Camping 'tween LA and SF
« on: November 25, 2007, 01:07:27 AM »
CREW MEMBERS:  first, props go out to any and all RV drivers, riders, sleepers, rockers, and fulltimers alike.  Second: having a hard time finding a chill campground between the two giant citys we call LA and San Fran.  Looking to  utilize the RV with full sewer, electic, and water hook-ups.  Looking to stay somewhere other than the I-5 oasis... no offense to Smitty out there but we want to stay somewhere thats a couple of minutes off the highway with bit of privacy.  Anybody know of the spot of which we desire.  Trying to stay around the I-5 strip rather than the 101 if possible.  THANKS CREW...  8).  28ft
Grand Cooley.com....28ft...Church of Hype

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
Re: Full hook ups and plus Cool Camping 'tween LA and SF
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 01:30:00 AM »
The Orange Grove in Bakersfield is a nice campground. Here's a shot of our site. You can even pick the oranges right off the trees like this. Might be a little far off I-5 for you though.
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.

Buddy Tott

• ---
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 02:36:26 AM »

Rather than take the I-5 north, think about I-99, crossing over to SF and 101  via I-152 and Pacheco Pass.  There are many RV parks along the 99 corridor, many more than the 5.  Bakersfield RV Resort ($35 per night) is fairly new, clean,  with good access and a a block or two off the freeway.  It's also close to restaurants (it also has one on site).  However, that's only about 2-3 hours out of L.A. and may not be far enough.  Casa de Frutas RV park is on the dowside of Pacheco Pass, just east of Gilroy - The Garlic Capital and is well doable from LA in 5-6 hours either via I-5 or I-99.    If you decide on the 101, look at Ocean Mesa at El Capitan (also El Capitan State Beach - though Full H/Us are limited).  Ocean Mesa is also a newer resort but a bit pricey at $85 a night, it's north of Santa Barbara with elevated views of the Ocean from most sites.  If you continue further north there are several  RV sites at Pismo/Grover Beaches.  This time of the year I doubt you will need reservations except at the beach resorts on the week-end.

BT
nil-permita illigitemii personae carborundum.

Whiskyecho

• ---
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007, 07:26:51 AM »
In the spirit of Thanksgiving, be sure and post the places where and when you intend to stay.  Thanks.....bill

Hosted by Over The Network