Full hook ups and plus Cool Camping 'tween LA and SF

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

28ft

CREW MEMBERS:  first, props go out to any and all RV drivers, riders, sleepers, rockers, and fulltimers alike.  Second: having a hard time finding a chill campground between the two giant citys we call LA and San Fran.  Looking to  utilize the RV with full sewer, electic, and water hook-ups.  Looking to stay somewhere other than the I-5 oasis... no offense to Smitty out there but we want to stay somewhere thats a couple of minutes off the highway with bit of privacy.  Anybody know of the spot of which we desire.  Trying to stay around the I-5 strip rather than the 101 if possible.  THANKS CREW...  8).  28ft

The Orange Grove in Bakersfield is a nice campground. Here's a shot of our site. You can even pick the oranges right off the trees like this. Might be a little far off I-5 for you though.

Rather than take the I-5 north, think about I-99, crossing over to SF and 101  via I-152 and Pacheco Pass.  There are many RV parks along the 99 corridor, many more than the 5.  Bakersfield RV Resort ($35 per night) is fairly new, clean,  with good access and a a block or two off the freeway.  It's also close to restaurants (it also has one on site).  However, that's only about 2-3 hours out of L.A. and may not be far enough.  Casa de Frutas RV park is on the dowside of Pacheco Pass, just east of Gilroy - The Garlic Capital and is well doable from LA in 5-6 hours either via I-5 or I-99.    If you decide on the 101, look at Ocean Mesa at El Capitan (also El Capitan State Beach - though Full H/Us are limited).  Ocean Mesa is also a newer resort but a bit pricey at $85 a night, it's north of Santa Barbara with elevated views of the Ocean from most sites.  If you continue further north there are several  RV sites at Pismo/Grover Beaches.  This time of the year I doubt you will need reservations except at the beach resorts on the week-end.

BT

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, be sure and post the places where and when you intend to stay.  Thanks.....bill

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom