Eye-FI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blueblood

I can't find anything on this in files so I thought I'd mention a new product called EYE-Fi Card. It's a 2GB SD card with built in wi-fi. I works out of the box so easily and fast it catches you by surprise. It comes in a unique box. You pull a tab and the card and a USB holder comes out on one side and the instructions on the other. You plug the USB holder (if you don't have an SD port or just want to do it this way) into your computer and your on your way. It checks for wireless networks and asks which one you want to use and then your firewall to make sure it can work and then installs some software to go to any of several dozen on-line photo storage sites or you can skip this step. You then take the SD card and put into your camera and take a picture of yourself or whatever and in seconds its in the folder on your computer that you had previously selected.
It supposedly will minimize drain on camera battery since it all ways on; I'll know more about that as timne goes by.  It works about 90 ft outside and 40 inside house

www.eye.fi Cost $99.99 

Interestingly, I was messing with the camera and accidentally snapped a picture and forgot about it only to find it on my computer some time later when I was looking at some pictures.

Ron said:
Sound like an interesting product Leo.  Guess I will have to make a trip to Frys and look at it if they have them.

Ron would that be in Phoenix or some foreign coutnry :)  Haven't gone shopping with you there in a long time.

BernieD said:
Ron would that be in Phoenix or some foreign coutnry :)  Haven't gone shopping with you there in a long time.

Since we are currently in Dallas it will be Dallas.  Your right it has been a long time since we shopped Fry's together.

Hmm, sounds very interesting, especially when away from the home computer (i.e., the laptop).  Gonna have to check it out.  Oh, and Ron, according to the website, no Fry's, but it is available at Wal-Mart and Costco, among other places.

edjunior said:
Hmm, sounds very interesting, especially when away from the home computer (i.e., the laptop).  Gonna have to check it out.  Oh, and Ron, according to the website, no Fry's, but it is available at Wal-Mart and Costco, among other places.

But it is more fun to go shopping at Fry's

Back
Top Bottom