We're now Texas land owners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ned

Moderator Emeritus
We had our offer accepted on a lot near Canyon Lake, TX, today.  It's in a development that is zoned for RV sites as well as double wide park models.  Most of the neighbors are Escapees.  We'll be doing the improvements next spring on our way back east and probably start spending much of our winters there next year.

The lot is about .6 acres, 125' wide by 200' deep with numerous oak trees and lots of cedar, most of which will be cleared.

The photos below show some of the property.  The two views looking north are where we will probably put 1 or 2 RV sites.  The view looking east shows me standing in the middle of what will be part of a curved driveway.  The view from the road is just part of the frontage showing some of the large oak trees that will give us shade nearly all day.

Attachments

• Looking north [800x600].JPG
    Looking north [800x600].JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 123
  • Another view to the north [800x600].JPG
    Another view to the north [800x600].JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 102
  • Looking east [800x600].JPG
    Looking east [800x600].JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 110
  • The frontage along the road [800x600].JPG
    The frontage along the road [800x600].JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 114
Ned, what side of the lake is it on.  We lived at Canyon Lake for many years, owned three different homes there.  It's a great area and the lake is wonderful.  Enjoy!
Cheryl

It's actually about 8 miles west of Canyon Lake itself.  About 2-3 miles east of 281 on 306.  We're staying at Potter's Creek this week right on the lake and it is very nice lake.  We've also had very good weather so far and it's supposed to stay this way through the weekend.

Thanks, we think we found a very nice piece of land at a very reasonable price.  Finding land zoned for RV use is not easy and we were fortunate to find this one.

Congratulations on your Texas land.  We spent a week at Canyon Lake a fews years ago and really enjoyed the area.  We have been talking about a return trip.  Many places to see and things to do there.

Congratulations you guys.  Look forward to seeing you at QZ.  Looks like you have your work cut out for you.  The lots in Yuma are a lot smaller, but a whole lot easier to develope.  Good luck.  :)

Congratulations Tex. But be careful living in Texas with that Green Bay license plate frame.

Wendy
Death Valley NP

wendycoke said:
Congratulations Tex. But be careful living in Texas with that Green Bay license plate frame.

Wendy
Death Valley NP

That has an easy solution trash the Green Bay license plate frame and replace it with a Dallas Cowboys frame. ;D ;D

Welcome to Tejas.

We've been looking close to your new place - up in the Highland Lakes area(s).  We're on Lake Conroe now (about 45 N of Houston) - nice area, nice Lake but we're ready for a change.

My BIL used to boat Canyon - love it - are you planning on boating there?.....bill

Ron said:
That has an easy solution trash the Green Bay license plate frame and replace it with a Dallas Cowboys frame. ;D ;D

Ron

I once worked for Clint Murchinson, the original owner of the Cowboys. I'd still prefer the GB frame, but not as long as the Bears are still playing  ;D ;D

Congratulations on your purchase.  When you are back there in the Spring don't forget your snake gators..you'll need'im for that pear cactus and the wiggly things there.  Are you getting a gun rack for the back of the pickup.  <g>.  ..tim

I'm happy for you but sad for me. Don't stay away from Arizona too much!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom