We're now Texas land owners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Smoky, thanks.  There's more to this country than AZ :)

Jeff, we'll be here through next Friday at least.  Then we'll be spending a few days in the Kerrville area before heading for AZ.  Think you'll catch up to us?

Bob, we've got lots of cedar, but much of it's going as it's in the way.  We'll keep some, however.

Ray, no cholla, we're quite familiar with that.  The prickly pear is mostly where we don't want it so it goes along with the cedars.  But NO BOOTS, I'm a moccasin man :)

Liz, I'll probably get a hat so I can look just like Jack, without the blond hair :)

without the blond hair

They sell special TX hats that have a semi-adhesive around the inside band, something like the adhesive on Post-It notes; Prevents it sliding off. My Stetson doesn't have it  ;D

I'll just buy one that's one size too small :)

Karl said:
Velcro - sticks to most any smooth surface

Only if it's the self-adhesive kind, and preferably industrial grade.

A stetson with a chin strap, I don't think so.

Congratulation on the property.  Looks like it will work out for you.  Let's see now, land equals maintenance equals work or $$$ for improvements and maintenance. 

Looks like you will have a great time.

BTW, we now only have 5 fruit trees instead of 18 thus less work, cost etc.  VBG

Alright you guys....ya gotta get the terminology correct.  The thing that holds a cowboy's hat on his head is not a chin strap; it's called a "stampeed string". 

When you don't need it, it rests behind your neck; when you need it, you lift your cowboy hat off your head; let the stampeed string fall forward under your chin, put the cowboy hat back on, then zip it up tight. 

Marsha~  A true real cowgirl with a stampeed string.  BTW, lost another of our horses yesterday, he just died of old age and was a great horse.

Jim, we won't have any fruit trees, no grass to mow, and no snow to shovel :)

Marsha, it's hard to run cattle on .6 acre, so I don't think we'll have any stampedes.  But thanks for the clarification on the string.  Sorry about your horse.

Bob Maxwell said:
That is one of the nicer areas in TX and Bev and I loved our drives down there. Then I got cedar fever. . .

Okay -- I'll bite -- what's "cedar fever"?  ???  ???  ???

I knew what the the stampede string is but thought I had better use terminology these NEW Texas land owners would understand.  ;D Besides I don't think the need for a string will result from a stampede. ;)

Sorry to hear you lost a long time friend.  Although we have never lost a horse that way I can imagine the loss.

Frank, "cedar fever" is a sever allergic reaction to mountain cedar, juniper, and similar aromatic woods, and the polen and smoke from the same.

I never had a problem until the brick plant in Coleman TX, 1.5 blocks northwest of our house, switched from propane firing of the bricks to sawdust curing. They were the largest single for profit employer in this small county seat community and were struggling to stay open and needed to cut costs.

This happened shortly after we left on a three week vacation to Omaha to see family and bring kids back to TX for a visit. When we got home the wind was from the NW and ther was oil running down the bedroom window on the north side of our vicarage. Within 24 hours I developed a severe headache and then a fever of about 101 two days later. Whenever the wind blew from that direction, I had major problem. Smoke from juniper burning in fireplaces gives me the same result occasionally here in NM and I took a shot a week when we lived in Santa Fe just to be able to see enough to drive to work.

Carol Burnett bought a home in Santa Fe and moved into it to make it her primary residence. 2.5 years later she developed the cedar-juniper allergy and sold her place, moving back to S CA.

Ned and Lorna,

Congrats on your "Landlubber" purchase.

For the hat and boots to really work you must first get one of these!

See image below.

Carson FL

Attachments

• Don't mess with Texas.jpg
    Don't mess with Texas.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 29
Shayne, Carson,

Maybe they already did. Saw this when we drove by  ;D

Attachments

• NoMessTx.JPG
    NoMessTx.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 37
Thanks Tom  good pic of you, but don't understand where I come into the equation, because I haven't been typing much since Wed last when I mangled my left hand in the power saw.  This 1 finger stuff is for the birds.  Spent 7 hrs in the hospital with it.  Now I not only have an ugly mug that is covered with facial hair, I'll have to grow long hair on the fingers to cover them. ;D ;D :D :D

Oops, apologies, that should have said Carson. My fingers lost sync with my brain.

I mangled my left hand in the power saw.  This 1 finger stuff is for the birds

That's one big OUCH Shayne. I'm paranoid that something like that will happen whenever I use my miter and table saws. What's the prognosis on the finger?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom