We're now Texas land owners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ned said:
. . . with numerous oak trees and lots of cedar, most of which will be cleared.

Great to read that you have found that piece of this earth that now belongs to you. The pics and descriptions sound envious of any full time RVer.  My Sister and her family live in Austin and I have been trying to get over there whenever possible -- usually after QZ. Also at last count I have more installs of my SW in TX than any other state (I think). My biggest obstacle has been the piece of long lonesome highway between El Paso and Austin. Last time I was there I bought my current RV -- plus did an install just West of Houston on the 290 (Hempstead). So I should be able to check out your new home base soon. Perhaps in February or March. I do have THR on the right hip scheduled for April.  :(

Wanted to mention that cutting down an oak tree in this part of CA is a big No-No (as are double negatives  :)) without prior approval. So best do that after dark . . .  :)

Again, Ned and Lorna -- am "very" happy for you.

Bob, we're not removing ANY oak trees.  None of them are in our way and we can easily work around them.  You'll have a parking place with us any time you want to stop.

Bob

We will be on the lot in early to mid March for a couple of weeks or longer.  Don't know if the pads will ready that soon though, but the COE park that we are in right now is close.

Shayne:

Sorry to hear about that finger.  But glad to hear you still have it.  Guess it is going to mess up your horsehoe plans for awhile??

Shame you don't imbibe occasionally as I have some great single malt 1,000 feet up the road from you.  ;D

Smoky ---- It hurts but haven't missed a day pitching shoes  Still well over 50 % wringers. 1 is mangled pretty good  1 tip gone but I still have them.  Lucky and dumb.  Hard to type 1 handed.      So sorry to hear about Sharon's Mom.  Audrey just told me she passed away before she got there.  Truly sorry.  Sorry for infringing on the thread.

Hello Ned and Lorna,

When you get ready to improve your new acreage, let me know. I can get you a good deal on a  wonderful helpful tool for digging trenches.

I heard they do things in a big way in Texas.  (see image).

carson FL

Attachments

• trencher2_smd_big.jpg
    trencher2_smd_big.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 43
Carson, we just need a few small trenches, not canals :)

CONGRATULATIONS!!
Just because you found a place to roost doesn't mean you have to give up flying. It just means you have a place to rest before your next flight. But you will soon find that having to maintain the nest means that often you get more rest away from home.

Helaine

Re the Texas-sized trencher.  WOW!  Never saw one that big even on the TV show that has stuff like that.  Looks like they're trying to move it from one place to another with those special wheels that rotate and go super slow.

Ned, I think you'll probably be happy with one of those cute little Ditch Witches.  ;)

ArdraF

Ardra, I don't think a Ditch Witch will cut the rock that lies about a foot down :)

"That trencher" was on TV two nights ago.  We were watching "How Do They Do That?" on the Science Channel and the subject was lignite mining.  Lo and behold, there was Carson's big digging machine!  It's really nifty.  They use it in open pit mining.  They dig on one side and a conveyor belt takes the lignite the full width of the machine (with arms outstretched) and dumps it on the other side.  Then they showed the world's largest machine, also used in mining. They're all amazing when they get to be that size.

And you're right, Ned, it's just a tad large for your job.  ;)

ArdraF

Now there's an idea?  But would it be just a basement or something with it?  :D

ArdraF

How cool....an RV pad with a trap door into the basement where you could store all your 'stuff' !!

A place to hide when the neighbors come knocking  ;)

We don't have any "stuff" any more, at least not enough to need a basement.  I was thinking of a pool table, workshop, etc. :)

Tom, we're gated so no uninvited guests :)

Jeff Cousins said:
Or the sky turns purple with a Texas tornado.

I thought the sky turned green with a tornado?

And Ned, you could easily fill up a basement with books and then Lorna couldn't complain about the weight in the RV.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom