Help with Leak/clog Needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lkarelee

:mad: While washing dishes in my 1993 Coachman C Class Motorhome this weekend, I noticed a substantial puddle of water accumulating in front of the toilet in the bathroom.  I disconnect the hose from the outside faucet and also noticed a drip coming from somewhere around the grey water tank.  I emptied the GW tank and used water from my fresh water tank for the rest of the weekend.  But while washing dishes the leak returned.

Any ideas?  do i have a clog somewhere?

Sounds like either a cracked pipe or loose pipe connection.  Could have been caused by a freezing of the pipes.  Just one theory

I've with Shayne - probably a cracked drain pipe or loose connection. Here's what I found under the sink of our coach.

I recently found a small leak around the base of my MH toilet.  I tightened down the securing bolts without success.  The water-line and angle stop-valve are dry.  It seems that the rubber gasket, (which seals when the toilet is not being flushed)  inside the bowl itself may be leaking.  The few drops - perhaps a few teaspoons - appear from time to time and may be related to whether there is 'a small amount of 'standing water'  left in the bowl after flushing.  However, I am unsure how to go about disengaging the flush mechanism and 'ball valve' to  replace the seal.  Further inspection is warranted. 

I would dry/remove any water from the bowl, after flushing and see if the water still puddles around the base.

I don't know how your Coachmen is set up, but the sink waste should be gray water and the toilet waste, black water.  The two systems may not be inter-connected, so washing dishes and toilet puddling may not be related, just a coincidence, and occurred because the toilet had been used (leaving standing water in the bowl to leak out).

BT

Try this: Turn off water supply at the hose bib or shut off the pump. Flush the toilet until no more water runs into the bowl, then release the flush pedal. If so equipped, turn off the water valve to the toilet. Turn the pump/water supply back on (not the toilet valve) and resume normal activities - except for using the toilet. After an appropriate period of time, check for signs of a leak anywhere. That would indicate a loose or damaged water connection - either the water supply or from a sink/tub drain, or possibly the small tube that feeds the ice maker if you have one. If no leak is detected, open the valve to the toilet and see if the leak reappears. If it does, chances are the toilet flush water valve is leaking - the one on the side of the toilet activated by the flush pedal. If thats the case, replair kits are available at almost any rv supply store. A leaking seal inside the toilet at the ball valve (the big one in the center of the toilet bowl) would not normally cause that kind of problem provided the toilet itself is properly seated on the floor flange seal because it would simply leak around the ball and drain into the black tank; not onto the floor.

Back
Top Bottom