I think I'll buy a new motorhome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chet18013

Full time in RV. Home is where we are parked
As soon as I collect the 1.2 million that the following  email I got this morning says I have waiting for me.  That is, if I send them the money to deliver it to me.

---------------------------------

Compliments and Greetings,
This is an official notification of the availability of a package deposited in your favour and it is not a sales solicitation or SPAM. We are delivery agency that uses our immunity and status to safe keep special and valuable packages and baggage in trust for reputable clients that are honest and trustworthy. We work in collaboration with top firms and Governments of various countries as we have earned a name as a service whose hallmarks in reliability and confidentiality are revered. International missions, Fellow Diplomats and Embassies of the world have used our services to satisfaction.

This is to inform you that as the transport broker attached to the customs we have received instruction from the custom to deliver to you as the beneficiary of a diplomatic package valued 1.2 million USD that has been shipped in your favour. Due to the cash movement and transfer of Hugh sum of money, the Customs cannot solely rely on the diplomat / Courier owing to the fact that the packages marked in your name did not arrive with any diplomatic tag on it

We will transport your package on the next best business day but do not guarantee delivery on an exact day until we confirm the original copy of your bill of lading and I want you to get the bill of lading to cover your insurance and airport duty by contacting export cargo office BENIN REPULICE the contact email is([email protected] OR  [email protected] and your shippers # is 217 seal # WM4529) so that they can send us the original copy (Without the original copy ,we cannot transport your package to you ).Thy will charge you $220 to send the original copy across to us  and for the package to be label clearly with your name to enable us transport it to you , no other fees or delays of any kind may be initiated as long as you send the fee and give them your accurate address information because if the address information is not correct we reserve the right to charge you an address correction fee. As soon as they receive your order they will send it to us by them
  we will commence action .I will accompany you to a bank (if you want) to make a test delivery in your name.

Thanks in advance of your understanding and Co-operation. Looking forward to meet you.
Yours faithfully,
Boma Jones.

-----------------------------------------------

This must be the latest from those creative Nigerians who want my money. Anyhow I got a good chuckle when I read it this morning.

Chet18013

Yikes - I "trash" that sort of nonsense without opening it - don't know if that keeps me from catching a "virus", or not - but.....bill

Wow you are SO lucky to be getting all that money - HA !!!  I'm always amazed when I read that someone fell for this type of thing.

If I got 1.2 million I'd buy the Allegro I really love - then I'd pay for all the upgrades to the house my sister is having built - then I'd start college funds for my neices and nephews - then I'd give some to our Animal Rescue League - then I'd drive away  !!!! Woo-Hoo

And what's REALLY scary is that a lot of people actually fall for this garbage!

ArdraF

P.S. Chet, sure hope you enjoy your new chariot!  ;)

I have a bridge I'll let you have for only $999,999.  Offer good until Midnight.

Ned said:
I have a bridge I'll let you have for only $999,999.  Offer good until Midnight.

Pay no attention to that shyster! 

I'll sell you the bridge for the $220 that you saved by not falling for the first scam.  ;D

There's a commercial that pokes fun at these spam e-mails, where a shady-looking guy walks up to another and hands him a crumpled up, fake looking check.  Shady says something like, "I represent the bank of Nigeria and if you could just cash this for me I would be more than happy to forward you a portion of the balance" etc etc.  The other guys looks at him shamefully and walks away, with the voiceover punchline "It just doesn't seem that authentic in person."  Can't remember what the commercial is for, so I guess the entire marketing strategy didn't work with me ... but at least we can poke fun at ourselves.  I too still get people forwarding me all kinds of e-mail nonesense, about fake viruses or free stuff if you would just "send this message to everyone in your address book".  ::)  Repeat after me ... www.snopes.com ... the database of confirmed e-mail hoaxes (and their history/descriptions) at that site is amazing.

Back
Top Bottom