Do something for the troops in Iraq

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chet18013

Full time in RV. Home is where we are parked
Something cool that Xerox is doing

If you go to this web site,, you can pick out a thank you card and Xerox will print it and it will be sent to a soldier that is currently serving in Iraq. You can ' t pick out who gets it, but it will go to some member of the armed services.

How AMAZING it would be if we could get everyone we kn ow to send one!!!  This is a great site.

Please send a card.

It is FREE and it only takes a second.

Chet18013

What a great idea!  I sent out one of the cards right away.  We chose the American Flag and the simple word "Thanks".  There is quite a variety to choose from.  All of the messages one can choose are really appropriate and varied, too.  Thanks for the heads up, Chet.

Margi

I had sent a message several weeks ago from that site, and I've sent another one tonight.  Thanks for the reminder, Chet.

I agree.........dont use the canned messages.  Write you own it will mean far more.  By the way,when was the last time anyone on this forum took a solders hand and said "thank you".  Since I brought it up I did it too 3 last night at the airport picking up my nephew here in SLC.  Two more the week before in PA, and 3 more when I was at DFW the first week of Dec.  I take the time to say thank you to each seviceman or woman I see.  I have seen smiles & tears of appreciation more then once.  That there is worth more than all the Christmas gifts I have recieved over my lifetime.

Living near Fort Jackson, SC I see soldiers every day.  One day while eating out my husband and I were seated near two young soldiers talking about leaving for Iraq.  They were so happy to be doing their job and looking forward to serving their country.  We paid for their lunch. 

I would love to take the time to thank all soldiers....but just don't have the strength.  My son is serving in Afghanistan...everytime I think I can give thanks, my heart breaks and tears well up in my eyes.  I am not sure how they would feel with me hanging on for dear life crying like a baby.  But for all that do give thanks, I thank you.  One day someone, as kind as the folk in this group, will thank my son!  If that happens, give him a hug. 

Those cards and letters mean so much.  They love to know we are thinking of them and appreciate what they are doing. 

Pat

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom