Where to go ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mnrver

I am new to this site and forums so any help would greatly be appreciated.

The question is, me and my family want to go down south for a couple weeks or more  in January, We really like the ocean and  the warm weather. We all love to fish so a place with good fishing would be great. We are looking for somewhere that the rv sites have a little room. (Some that I have seen pictures of were pack in like sardine's)actually for us The more private the better.  We have been looking at Florida and Texas but its hard just to go by pictures.  I really like the looks of the keys and have been trying to find a place there  but it seems that they are all booked up or its around 100+ a night. We also were thinking about Arizona but not sure if we could do any fishing there.

We also were thinking about Arizona but not sure if we could do any fishing there.

Fishing in Arizona is terrific actually.  The Colorado River has big lakes:  Powell, Mead, Havasu, Mohave, Goose Lake and Topock Marsh and Martinez Lake.  Catches include striped bass, black bass and trout.  Up north and west of Phoenix the Tonto Forest and the White Mountain Apache Rez has a raft of streams and reservoirs including Lake Roosevelt.

mnrver said:
..in January.. We really like the ocean and  the warm weather.. We all love to fish so a place with good fishing would be great..We have been looking at Florida and Texas but its hard just to go by pictures..

Speaking only for my area (45 miles north of Houston) "January/warm weather" is probably out of the question.  It sounds to me that South Florida should be looked into more deeply.  But for my area take a look at the below site and also do a google search for "Texas Highland Lakes".....bill

http://lakeconroe.com/framepage.cfm?companynumber=11&link=www.sunsetshoresrvpark.com&unique_id=64

Whiskyecho said:
Speaking only for my area (45 miles north of Houston) "January/warm weather" is probably out of the question.  It sounds to me that South Florida should be looked into more deeply.  But for my area take a look at the below site and also do a google search for "Texas Highland Lakes".....bill

http://lakeconroe.com/framepage.cfm?companynumber=11&link=www.sunsetshoresrvpark.com&unique_id=64

Hey Whiskyecho, where are you.  I'm over just south of Cleveland.  Sounds like you're right in the Conroe area.  Sunset Shores is pretty nice, and you're right.  Still a little cool here, epsecially in January.  But further on south, down towards Padre Island might be better.  Lots of snowbirds go there for the winter.  Still gets pretty cool, but it usually doesn't last long.

edjunior said:
Hey Whiskyecho, where are you..

Yep - just down the road.  I was in April Sound (on Lake Conroe)(Kingwood before that) but have moved to Grand Harbor, off Walden Road on the West side of the Lake.  I keep my boat stored at EZ Boat Valet&Storage (owned by and adjacent to Sunset) nice facility.

Howdy neighbor.

By the way, if I was the OPer I'd opt for S. Florida.....bill

Thanks for all the info,  we are kind of leaning toward Florida. We would like to do some salt water fishing down there. Do you guys recommend any campground in Florida that has nice roomy sites and good fishing off the bank.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom