Winterizing---NEW TO RV'ing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lundster

This is our first winter in our new RV (2007 Keystone VR1).  I live in Central Texas where we generally have mild winters; but do have our occassional 25-30 degree days once ina blue moon.  My question is what do I have to do to ensure I have no problems with my RV if it sits 2-3 months of winter and has no use.  Am I safe with just draining all the holding tanks with the pump, or do I need to have a dealer winterize it?  I'm just new and confused and want to protect my investment. 

"Fully heated and enclosed underbelly including: water and holding tanks, water lines, and dump valves" according to the VR1 specs...  If it is where you can get to it, you could turn on the heat if you were expecting a hard freeze.
Art

Unless it's expected to drop below freezing for more than a day, personally, I would drain the holding tanks, open the fauctes and drain the water lines at the low point drains, empty the water heater, then pour a couple cups of RV antifreeze in the sink / shower drains and some in the toilet bowl. Or as the previous poster mentioned, turn on your heater to it's lowest setting and that should provide enough heat that you shouldn't have to worry about it.

Larry

We drain the lines at the low point, drain hot water heater then close bypass valves to hot water heater.  Open faucets, blow air through lines.  Pour about a cup of RV Anitfreeze in traps.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom