New Year's eve rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BernieD

A half dozen rigs are gathered at Catalina State Park north of Tucson, AZ to welcome in the New Year. Arriving yesterday were the Kuchs (unofficial wagonmasters), the Thomases, Russ Mahoney, Terry Brewer (Betty to show up today), the Reiters and the Dobrins. We all gathered to say hello while Fred cooked up a delicious beef stew and later got together in our coach to for dinner to enjoy it. Who says "dinner for 4" ??? We had 10 for stew and long conversation. Many of you should have had your ears burning :D

Attachments

• Everyone but Russ and me.jpg
    Everyone but Russ and me.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 73
  • Russ and Daisy.jpg
    Russ and Daisy.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 56
Wish we were there with that great group of folks Bernie.

There are still some open sites, and at least 2 5ers behind us are pulling out this morning.  Come on down :)

Hey, Ned
Wish we could come down but we are tied up here. see you all soon.
until then.....
Happy New Year, Have fun, Travel safe
Helaine

We hope you all have a very Happy New Year!!! We'll be thinking of you but most likely 3 hours earlier. ;D

Jim, only 2 hours earlier, DST is off for this year :)

Wish we could Ned, but family and other commitments mean we can't drive south until mid February.

Happy New Year to the group from Surprise where we are enjoying our kids' visit.

Jim Dick said:
We hope you all have a very Happy New Year!!! We'll be thinking of you but most likely 3 hours earlier. ;D

We're actually only 2 time zones away, but it sounds like a lot of us will be in bed by 10PM, so that will be the same time as you ;D ;D

We are growing web feet here in WA.  We have been in rain since the 15th and it is tooo much. 

Wish we were there but QZ is comong!!  VBG

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL,

Pat & Jim

We wish you all well and would love to be there with you.  We fondly remember New Year's Eve rallies at Alamo Lake and, of course, the memorable YTK rally at Quartzsite when bad things were supposed to happen .... and didn't.  :D 

This is only the second winter of the last thirteen that we haven't been in Arizona.  As Jim Godward said, Oregon and Washington are just a tad bit on the wet side this year.  ::)

Margi

Wish w could be there but kinda far to drive from League City TX.  Besides still doing the Grand parents thing. ;D

Happy New Year to all.

You all have a wonderful New Year's Eve and enjoy the warmth (?) of the desert. High today in Death Valley supposed to be in the mid-50s.

Wendy

Ron,

I don't shovel snow!!!!  Pat bought me a self-propelled snow blower so I no longer have to do that job.  I even used 2X this year!   VBG

Margi, where are you in OR??  We will have to go back that way to get to AZ.  we are NOT going back to MT till it warms up!!  VVBG

Jim:

We're on Lot #177 at Timber Valley in Sutherlin.  (Exit 136)  We got our lot last July after having waited six years, two months and nine days on the waiting list.  We're just across the street from Wally and Helaine's lot.  We still have our Iowa cell phones.  I think you have those numbers, but send me a PM if you need them. 

When are you heading to Arizona?  It's pouring outside now but we're due for a three or four day breather beginning Monday.  BTW, we're free most days except Monday afternoon when we volunteer for the local Dial-A-Ride service for Seniors.  Tom drives and I dispatch. 

Margi

James Godward said:
We are growing web feet here in WA.  We have been in rain since the 15th and it is tooo much. 

Wish we were there but QZ is comong!!  VBG

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL,

Pat & Jim

Jim,

Those green trees don't have leaves on them. Now you know the reason!!! ;D ;D

This morning, Ken and Sheila led a road trip to Mount Lemon, from the north side.  Starting at Oracle, the dirt road winds upward for 21 miles, where it was closed off with a gate.  So we had lunch there.  The views were impressive, and there was even an extra pair of shoes for anyone in need.

Attachments

• End of the road [800x600].JPG
    End of the road [800x600].JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 40
  • Lunch Bunch [800x600].JPG
    Lunch Bunch [800x600].JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 41
  • Lunch View [800x600].JPG
    Lunch View [800x600].JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 37
  • Mount Lemon [800x600].JPG
    Mount Lemon [800x600].JPG