New Year's eve rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Glad to see Terry in shorts and sandals.....must be warmer there than here in Death Valley.

You let a "Road Closed" sign stop you????

Wendy

Wendy, nobody brought their lock picks.  Someone had sawed over half way through the chain before giving up however.  A couple of ATVs did go through, they drove around the gate.  I suspect the road was ok, but the state doesn't want to have to open/close the road as the weather changes.

Wendy

The gate was locked and the bi-pass wasn't wide enough :( ::)  Sheila tried to get a couple of ATV's to bring some pie back for her but they weren't listening. ;)

Bummer. So, did you all go get pie someplace when you got down off the mountain??

No, we're going to Russ's for champagne tonight.

The champagne flowed freely but weakly at the new years eve party tonight. We only worked our way through 2.5 bottles. I will have 10 bottles left for the Jan 2nd cocktail party! The brie and seafood cheesecake were popular, but the raw vegies got scant attention. Terry B emptied the bowl of corn chips singlehandedly. We managed to celebrate Halifax and New York before everybody faded out.

Russ,

We're an hour behind you and we quit after seeing the ball drop "live" in Times Square (on TV). IOW we were done at 9.00pm. We don't do champagne, just drank tea and water.

We went out to eat then a park party    Kept track of the calories .  Hit 2008 Cals at 10:45, Was in bed by 11PM    ;D ;D

I was busy watching a Fred Astaire/Ginger Rogers marathon on AMC. Finally noticed that it was after midnight NY time and yelled "yippee." Was in bed by 11 pm. Mike lasted until 12:15 California time, which was actually pretty early for him.

Happy New Year to All
Wendy

Back
Top Bottom