A bit of amazing stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carson

Don't delete this just because it looks weird. Believe it or not, you can read it.

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the first and last ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can still raed it wouthit a porbelm. This is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?

thta is waht my wrtiing looks like whtihuot the spell chcek.

Karl said:
Dsleobuts, but cnolvuodet , uwkonnn, and acrihac dleiacitc pgleshooray mghit pvore tmolruobese. A wknriog kglewnode of the vraclboauy is nsstteeeciad.

Karl:  I can read the others, but yours is not very readable.

Where's the professor that criticized my spelling a couple of weeks ago.  I sent something of that nature to Tom at that time,  Hard to believe but I dropped the subject.

I think Karl wrote in Welsh.

The first post is easier to read if you speed read it.

Wdney
er, Wendy

Smoky is quite right. It says: "Doubtless, but convoluted, unknown, and archaic dialectic phraseology might prove troublesome. A working knowledge of the vocabulary is necessitated."

I took the time to make each word hard to read; forcing the mind to make meaningless associations , rather than randomly jumbling the letters.

Tom: Gramnar?

Karl,

I could be a smart Alec and say I was using Wenglish, but it was just my lousy typing  :-[

No problem :)  Took a bit more concentration, but it's readable.

Karl, not to belabor that point, but take a look at the wiki entry on this education experiment, which I think was disastrous some years ago. Hooked on Phonics

Not quite the same as the fun stuff above.

carson FL

A well-known (now deceased) comedian named Stanley Unwin was a master at changing stuff around in the spoken word. The WiKi describes his Unwinese as "Basic Engly Twentyfido", which is about the way he'd have said it. This stuff just rolled off his tongue naturally.

You can listen to some audio clips of Unwinese, spoken by the master, here.

Here's a humorous video clip of Unwin in good form on a TV talk show.

Here are some Wikiquotes of Unwin.

Carson,
Thanks for the link. I did know what phonics was, but being and old f--t, learned the old-fashioned way. Some years ago in Milwaukee (and other places, I'm sure) there was a hue and cry to teach Eubonics in 'the core' public schools. Thankfully, that idea died a quiet death, as it would have (IMHO) done nothing but create further isolation from the surrounding community and leave the students ill-prepared for dealing with the outside world. 

Karl,

The video clip is even better and you get to see the old master as his goofy self.

Unashamedly stolen from one of my own (authored) emails:

The postings here confirm that there's a lot of redundancy in human communication, and the brain does a wonderful job of straightening out anything that's got screwed up. Reminds me of a demo in college with phone communication; They chopped out parts of words, omitted words, and did all kinds of stuff before the communication became unintelligible. The demo was related to audio sampling.

Back
Top Bottom