A bit of amazing stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't understand all of this fuss. What's the problem. I understood it all. Of ourse I have been drinkig sisnce noon/
Wally, get me ahnoter Margarita!

Helaine

One for Wendy,  re umlauts

The link below will refresh your memory for using ASCII characters.

It is important to have numberlock ON and use the number pad keys for entry.

For ex.:  Alt 0246 = ?
            Alt 0252 = ?
            Alt 0228 = ?
            Alt 0223 = ?

Alt  123 = {

Complete listing link here

carson FL

? ? ? ?

I see. Learned something new again, or maybe relearned something I'd long forgotten and can't even remember knowing.

All of the characters in the installed fonts are available via the Character Map application in the Windows Accessories menu.

???? ???????? are from the MS Sans Serif font for example.

كڠ۞۩Ự♀

How about that, copy/paste from the character map.

I used to know the key sequence by heart and it was easy when typing to hit Alt and the numbers. But there is always the cut & paste method using the character map.

As for using NumLock and the number keypad, I only use a laptop and haven't touched a regular size keyboard in 10 years. Having been forced to learn to type with the numbers at the top of the keyboard, I'm pretty good at hitting the right keys. I do have an external number keypad that I use when I'm doing extended number work (taxes, etc.) but don't bother with it unless I'm going to do a lot of 10-key entry.

Wendy

Karl

I was replying to your "Was I / I was speaking latin...Sometimes it just slips out" ( roughly interpreted).  My response was, "I have a similar problem but nowadays (concor) (currently) try to keep it to just the language."

I was drug up in the UK and forced to learn a little latin at school - oh so many years ago.  Some things stay with you and, unfortunately, many others fade away.  Seems like the least useful have the most sticking power. 

BT

Buddy,
What you said I interpreted to mean "As a language, we should try to keep it alive for future (generations)" Many Latin phrases can have different interpretations, it seems. Heck, as a youngster I could recite the complete Latin Mass - and understand it - but no more.

Karl

That's the problem with translation...especially with an archaic language.  Any word can have several similar but different levels of meaning.  So when you interpret one word one way and then try to attach meaning to it with the next word(s), often the intended meaning is somewhat lost.  With so many other languages having  roots in latin, that also allows for significant mis-interpretation.  This is all getting too deep, better stick to english.  I too could recite line upon line in latin in my youth, but alas, that's just little more than a faint memory.

BT

Dsleobuts, but cnolvuodet , uwkonnn, and acrihac dleiacitc pgleshooray mghit pvore tmolruobese. A wknriog kglewnode of the vraclboauy is nsstteeeciad.

Deselects, but convoluted , Egon, and acrylic deistic percolation might pare tmolruobese. A wrong Glenda of the vraclboauy is nastiest.

This is the best "translation" from a free on-line spell chucker called orangoo.  There were no suggestions for the items in red.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom