Year End Activity or one for a Rainy Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PattieAM

I stash my change in my vehicle's center console amongst receipts, etc.  And that which makes my pockets gets cleaned out at the "Sock It Away" hanging sock at the hall closet, washing machine, bedroom, bath and even the kitchen windowsill.  This morning, I cleaned out all my vehicles of stashed change, emptied all the socks, etc., and after washing the coins, sorted them, tubed them then rolled them with very nice results:  Approx. $150.00 (and it weighs a ton).  This has become part of my year end routine, and am tickled to possibly put it towards a trip or special dinner.  I haven't examined the sofa cushions/chair cushions yet. 

Hahaha...........I kind of do the same thing.  We have red plastic cups we use in the coach instead of glasses and I fill them with any change I have.  I even steal from my wife but do not tell her.  Last time I went to a change counter we had about $110.  We had 4 cups filled. The only problem was that the cups get so darn heavy.  Either that or I am getting old. ;D  I am just starting on my 3rd cup now and plan to buy something really really neat that I really do not need.  My wife will give me "the look" but it will be worth the effort.

We save most of our loose change, especially the quarters which come in real handy when using laundromats. The rest, we use to buy an occasional snack or fast food lunch. My Mom carries it one step further and has a canister in her laundry room where she puts quarters whenever she does a load of laundry....uses the money at the end of the year for something special.

Wendy
Death Valley NP

Tom has always hated to carry change in his pockets.  When we started full-timing in the motorhome, we began to save the change in a piggy bank, then transfered it to quart freezer bags when the bank was full.  Once in a while we count it, roll it, take it to a bank and turn it into rolls of quarters.  We don't have a washer/dryer in our motorhome, so it comes in handy at laundramats and newspaper stands when we're traveling.

Margi

I invest my pocket change in lottery tickets while at home and it goes in a piggy bank (actually, Doughboy bank) for the grandkid when camping.

I have never washed the money, but often take $100 of change to the Credit Union.

Back
Top Bottom