KINO BAY A WHR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eddy

HELLO:

We are first time users of this resort and have found the best kept secret about it is the constant winds that blow. The setting for an ocean view is pretty nice as your on a bluff overlooking the Sea of Cortez. It is a very arid and there is lots of desert vegitation about the area. We have only had about 4 or 5 days where the wind was below 5 or 6 knots. I guess that isn't bad out of four weeks ! The beach here is pretty messy as the locals must toss most of thier empty bottles etc. into the Sea of Cortez.
          As to how the place is run I will not discuss on the open forum as i'm still here. I will reserve that for a later date when we are back home to relate our cocerns to someone who might want to hear. I can only hope it doesen't fall on deaf ears.

A check of the weather could have provided a heads up on the wind.

Stuff washes ashore on beaches around the world, and the source is often somewhere else &/or not from locals. We get garbage washing up at the rear of our house, but I can guarantee it didn't come from us or our neighbors; Most likely from non-locals out for a day of waterskiing or fishing. They toss their garbage overboard rather than take it home. Same kind of folks who toss garbage out of car windows as they drive through someone else's neighborhood.

Don't let Kino turn you off Mexico completely.  IMHO Kino & Rocky Point are best described as "Mexico lite" - they are to Mexico what lite beer is to real beer - taste is familiar but its just not the same.  Some people love Mexico lite and keep coming back to it.  We were there once & won't ever make that mistake again.

In our opinion you need to get down at least as far as Guaymas/San Carlos on this side or Victoria on the east side in order to really be in Mexico.  And we avoid the tourist traps as well - Mazatlan & PV are more like Vegas than they are like Mexico.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom