Visa, Mastercard & Diners Club card holders please read

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alaskansnowbirds

Site Team
If you HAVEN'T used a credit card outside the US, then this won't apply to you. But I know some of our members have traveled to or through Canada and Mexico so this may apply to them.

I received in the mail today notice of a class action law suite against some banks that issued the above cards. The lawsuit is about the price cardholders of Visa, MasterCard, or Diners Club branded payment cards were charged to make transactions in a foreign currency, or with a foreign merchant, between February 1, 1996 and November 8, 2006.

There is a FAQ section on the web site that will answer most of your questions.

You can get details at CCFSETTLEMENT.COM

At first I thought this was just another scam, however after extensive checking it appears to be on the up and up. I applied for mine but have not received any refund yet.

GEJim said:
At first I thought this was just another scam, however after extensive checking it appears to be on the up and up. I applied for mine but have not received any refund yet.

Jim

As noted on the website, the court has to approve the settlement and the amounts to be paid to the lawyers. Then they can calculate how much money they have left to pay the claims. The website noted it may take a couple of years after the cutoff date.

I applied for the 1 % option  (B option?).
Hope Ron is wrong - could be $300 0r $400 in my pocket if he is.

However, I don't think I am willing to bet he's wrong.

I think it may be over for sigh ups because I signed up ages ago and have already received the notice as to how much money I may receive.  I, like Clay L, signed up for the 1% option.

Jerry,

I just received my notice last week. In the paper work I got the last day to apply is May 30, 2008.

I figured it doesn't cost anything to apply and if I only get 10 bucks out of it, that's 10 bucks I didn't have before. Might get me 3 gallons of gas.  :)

Don,

As I remember you can get $25 with NO documentation.  Go for it!

JerryF

Alaskansnowbirds said:
Jerry,

I just received my notice last week. In the paper work I got the last day to apply is May 30, 2008.

I figured it doesn't cost anything to apply and if I only get 10 bucks out of it, that's 10 bucks I didn't have before. Might get me 3 gallons of gas.  :)

Better hurry or that may only be two gallons of gas. :mad:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom