Strapping a ladder on the back of rv

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

harleydog

We were wondering if anyone has any suggestions on strapping an 8 ft ladder on the back of our attached ladder on the fifthwheel without scratching the attached ladder.  Does anyone have suggestions for us.  Thanks - harleydog

I use a piece of foam pip insulation in the size of the ladder pipe.  it is available at a Lowes etc in 4 ft sections.

I think member John in Detroit has done this on his Damon MH (unless I'm getting my people mixed up).  While on this topic, what is the reason for taking along extra ladders?  I've seen it discussed here before, and also seen extension ladders like that attached to MH's speeding down the road.

Having a portable ladder makes it easier to wash the entire windshield - instead of skipping the part that's higher than about 8' above ground level or relying on a squeegee with a long handle.  Same holds true when washing the coach's side walls.

It just makes easier to reach things to wash or work on like awnings over the slides etc. 

Scotty  they carry the taller ladders so the Ladies can wax the tops and the high sides of the MHs and trailers while the guys do the middles.  That way when the gals fall out the slick roofs, they can finish the lower sections before moving the ladders. After all the work the guys do they can enjoy a well deserved brewski while waiting and we'll be out of the way while not interferring with the gals to complete the tack at hand.  Right gals?  Somebody has to do it.  ;D ;D ;D

In my case I removed the factory ladder, which was unable to hold my weight and had other issues, and replaced it with a much stronger (but not much heavier) extension/step ladder, This ladder is good when I need to get on the roof, it's good when I need to wash/wax the sides, I can use it in many ways the fixed ladder could not be used and it has no problem with my 300 plus pounds plus tools and equipment.

The thread is titled ROOF LADDER by the way

We have a folding 12' ladder that fits in the bay.  I have some boxes the fit into the openings so I loose very little storage space.  My only regret is that it is not one of the 17 foot ones as my roof when parked is too high to safely transition from the ladder to the roof.  :-((

Definitely a job for my driver, cook, cleaner, washer, waxer, and soon to be dump valve controller.

Back
Top Bottom