What category of RV'er are you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What category do you fit it?

• Retired and on the road (half to fulltime, i.e. months at a time in the RV)

Votes: 21 25.6%
  • Retired, but just a weekend/vacationer

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • Not retired yet, but getting close and learning the RV life

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • Far from retired, usually family camping w/ kids in tow

Votes: 12 14.6%
  • Young and single, just me and the road

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Other not mentioned, including non-RV'er learning about this camping thing

Votes: 7 8.5%
  • Added: Still working, but lots of it from the RV (as well as leisure time)

Votes: 5 6.1%

• Total voters

scottydl

Site Team
I'm curious about who all we have around here, in terms of RVing status and experience.  I've been around here awhile now, and there are seemingly a LOT of retired camping veterans with oodles of experience for us young'uns.  ;)  From my 6 months of so of actual RV ownership and camping, the real world population seems to be about the same.  We do run into other families with young children (wife and I are 32 and 30, our boys are 6 and 3), but it's the exception and not the rule.  I'm sure some of that is because of the places we stay - small CG's and state parks, nature-based and not the kind with gift shops and water slides.  That may change as the kids get older. 

So vote away and let's see what we've got here at RVForum.net!  If I left you out of the poll choices, then you are hereby required to reply in words and explain your circumstances.  :)

Just a reminder to lurkers; In order to vote, you need to have registered for an account here and be logged in with your chosen user name and password. Don't know to do that? Click here.

The poll isn't really all inclusive.  It's quite possible to be a full timer and still not be retired.  This category could include work campers as well as those, like me, that continue to work, part of full time, from the RV.  You could lump those in with the last category, but I think there are enough of these to make a separate category.

We are retired and rv for short trips and for a few longer ones.  We use our coach as an escape.  It is nice to get away but then again it is nice to come back home.  If we were full timing we could never escape from our home.  We love our home as much as we love the coach.  I figure we have the best of both worlds.  Besides, the increase in value of our home sort of balances out the loss in value of the coach.  Kind of a pathetic rationalization but it is all I can come up with at the moment. ;D  These are just our preferences.  Everyone has there own particular lifestyle.

Ned said:
The poll isn't really all inclusive.  It's quite possible to be a full timer and still not be retired.  This category could include work campers as well as those, like me, that continue to work, part of full time, from the RV.  You could lump those in with the last category, but I think there are enough of these to make a separate category.

Put me in this category, fulltiming and still working for now.

Since we are retired we don't get weekends or vacations. For that matter we don't get days off, sick days or holidays either :D :D At the same time we are not full-timers. We spend about 6-7 months a year on the road and the rest of the time at our home in Arizona. Our trips last from a few days to 4-5 months. OK, what category should we be in ??? ???

BernieD said:
Our trips last from a few days to 4-5 months. OK, what category should we be in ??? ???

I'd say Option 1.  4-5 months is practically fulltiming to me!  ;D  I re-named that option so it fits a little better.

Ned said:

Done!

Disclaimer:  THIS IS JUST FOR FUN.  I know a limited-option poll can't capture every unique circumstance that this fairly diverse group of folks may find themselves in.  Nothing scientific meant here.  ;)

We're partly retired but still do some work to support the RVing habit. We're out in the MH probably half the year. I checked the last choice but we're really more between that and the first choice.

I could reset the count to zero and we start again. Nah, I don't think so. In retrospect, I'd change my vote too, but we got what we got.

Ned said:
It's quite possible to be a full timer and still not be retired.

As you know, that is my case as well. My closest fit from those availabe is, "Young and single, just me and the road".

Well -- I "am" single, and just me and the road . . .  ;)

Bob Buchanan said:
As you know, that is my case as well. My second closest fit from those availabe is, "Young and single, just me and the road".

Well -- I "am" single, and just me and the road . . .  ;)

Bob:

Switching from Kenny Rogers  to Kenny Chesney? ;D ;D

Most of the people weve met while spending 12 years on the road don't fit into any of those categories. 

Everyone who decides to "hit the road" to see what life's adventures might bring, does so for a reason unique to their life's experiences, dreams and aspirations.  We don't fit easily into poll statistics.  That's the beauty of our lifsestyle.  And the charm.  And the essence.  :D

Well, number 3 is what I chose, and is close, though I consider myself more experienced than not.  I am still learning some of the RV ways, but have a great handle on it.  I am a "Working Weekender", meaning I work full time and get out on weekends when I can.  I had hoped with my new work schedule (every other week is a 3 day weekend) I could get out more, but that just gives me more time to work on the Honey-Do's!  Oh well, we get out when we can!

carson said:
I guess what we have here is a POLLuted Poll.  :)

Now this is going downhill fast!  ;D

This poll is intended to be as accurate as any numbers anyone ever compiles.  Fact is that 43% of all statistics are made up on the spot.  ::) ;)

There are lies, damn lies, and statistics. Or, as one of my college statistics professors said, all statistics are donkey dung.

Wendy

Well, dang.  I'm young.  I'm single.  I just don't have my RV anymore, had to sell it to get through the last year of college.  I'll buy another one when I get out, though.  Maybe a nice used diesel puller.  Do I still qualify for option 5?  (I suspect it was put there with me in mind)

Will said:
Do I still qualify for option 5?

Sure!  As the creator of this poll, I hereby grant anyone permission to choose whichever option they'd like.  No need for over-analyzing.  The end results might or might not bear any resemblance to reality.  ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom