OE/Java Update Issues ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blueblood

I got called to a home to look at problem they were having with OE and the DialUP/Broadband box popping up for no reason. They were connected wireless to a home network. I couldn't get the DialUp box to stop  coming up even after deleting it in Networks. He is on DSL so I called technical at the phone company and we went through a number of steps with no luck so they deferred to MS. I didn't want to take other steps until I had a chance to study it further i.e. look for KB info etc. In the meantime, my wife's laptop began to exhibit same symptoms yesterday plus lost the use of mouse pad for clicking by not scrolling. Both machines are on XP Pro.

So, I deleted the DialUP on Networking - deleted OE through the Add/Delete Windows Components and picked a Restore date in mid-December and everything is working properly. In picking a restore point I chose one just before a Java update. I don't know if it is culprit or some AVG update or ????

Anyone else who is running OE have a similar problem. 

I run VISTA on all my other machines and Outlook and have not had any problems.

You have to change the Internet Options | Connections to 'Never dial a connection'.

Back
Top Bottom