Useless Monarchy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ian H

He should also drop Cornwall from his title Duke of Cornwall coz he isn't Cornish either

Edit: These messages split and moved from this topic.

Tom said:
LOL Paul. Actually, I vaguely recall asking my sister in law a question that had been posed here, and posting the reply. But that was a year or two ago.

An item of trivia; When Chris (my wife) worked for DVLA, she dealt with Prince Charles' application for a driving licence. She should have insisted he drop "Wales" from his title, since he's not of Welsh descent. Now we're getting into one of MY favorite subjects  ;D

Tom:

OK. No US politics but keep this up and before long you will have Terry Nathan discussing the monarchy. ::) ::)

Tom said:
LOL Paul. Actually, I vaguely recall asking my sister in law a question that had been posed here, and posting the reply. But that was a year or two ago.

An item of trivia; When Chris (my wife) worked for DVLA, she dealt with Prince Charles' application for a driving licence. She should have insisted he drop "Wales" from his title, since he's not of Welsh descent. Now we're getting into one of MY favorite subjects  ;D

Now Tom, Chuck has a drop of Welsh in there.  He is surely a descendent of George I who was the grandson of Princess Elizabeth Stuart granddaughter of Mary I of Scotland who was the granddaughter of Margaret Tudor, who was surely Welsh. 

Carl,

You're in dangerous territory  ;D

If you insist on making that stuff up, at least get the names correct  ;D

Ian H said:
He should also drop Cornwall from his title Duke of Cornwall coz he isn't Cornish either

No he's Not Ian. He pretends to be Cornish and Welsh when it's convenient, and even dons a kilt for his visits to Balmoral. Isn't part of his family heritage German? I never did understand how he got the Dutchy , but I just found it here. Land stolen from the people by the monarchy which reaps huge amounts of money for Charlie without him doing a darned thing. Maybe Cornwall should declare independence (or at least devolution) from England, then tell him to bugger off.

All this talk of Prince Charles' associations (or not) with Wales and Cornwall reminds me of (luvvy) Prince Edward attending ceremonies in full military uniform, complete with medals mommy gave him.

Prince Edward, had only a brief stint in the Armed Forces. He joined the Royal Marines - the first member of the Royal Family to do so - as a second lieutenant in 1983.

Prince Edward completed a two-week course at Lympstone before going to Jesus College, Cambridge, to read for history on a Marines-sponsored cadetship. He subsequently spent five weeks a year with the Marines, including a short tour in Belize.

But he failed to adapt to military life and eventually left in 1987 to work in theatre production for Andrew Lloyd-Webber's Really Useful Group.

Exactly what he did to gain a chest full of medals is anyones guess.

Grrrrr

Paul

Paul,

I thought you were a royalist and defender of the monarchy  ???

Tom said:
... and even dons a kilt for his visits to Balmoral. Isn't part of his family heritage German?

Well, the kilt is fair enough, iirc his granny was a Scottish lady.  That would make him 25% a Scot.  More than the % of German I suspect, given that his daddy is Danish and his granddaddy was 1/2 Danish.  Actually the only thing that one could be sure of before the new generation of William and Harry was that the monarch of England would not be English.  Welsh, Scottish, German, Danish, anything but English.

There has got to be something operating there.  8)

Hopefully, Scotland and Wales will have gained full independence, or whatever the new name is for it, before he becomes King of whatever is left.

One of the 'medals' could have been for the Queens Jubilee on 20th May 2002 still searching the internet for any more. Funny enough I asked myself this question some time ago when at some BIG ceremony I noticed the 'children' with medals pinned to the chest  ???

Just found a link to answer the Jubilee Medal issued to the Royal children issue see >>HERE<<

Some other controversial thoughts / opinions from old soldiers though. :( :(

Thanks for the link Mick. Some interesting reading.

Just saw the banner of the Duchy of Cornwall. You'd think he could come up with something better than something that looks like the wrong number of bowling pins or a pixelated 'YIELD' sign. :D On second thought, maybe that's just what he should do - yield.

And here I always thought the US should add a monarchy....some one to dress up and attend ceremonies while the president stays in DC WORKING.

Wendy,

We already waste enough money without the need to fund the extravagent lifestyles of a 'Royal family' and all their hangers-on.

wendycoke said:
And here I always thought the US should add a monarchy....some one to dress up and attend ceremonies while the president stays in DC WORKING.

Working at what?

I agree with Tom we don't need any more expenses.

Not so long ago it used to be that the Queen of England was the richest woman in the world. That didn't come from her piggybank, stock options or IPOs. In addition to the stuff that's funded by the state, the salaries all these folks make, and the stuff that was stolen from the people. Remember that the next time you wave at the golden carriage as it goes by.

Back
Top Bottom