Is this too much$ for this RV on Ebay?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you want to see beautiful ebay motor home ads, search for bdclassic1 as the "seller", I have not bought anything from him, so I can't recommend him on that basis, but his photography and documentation make any RV look great!

From the pix it looks a bit hammered ::) Who ever bought this don't have a clue :eek: :eek: :eek: and clearly deserve any and all pain they may suffer ;D ;D

P.S. In New York you cant get an inspection if a crack in the windshield runs through the path of the wiper blades. ;D ;D

tweak said:
From the pix it looks a bit hammered ::) Who ever bought this don't have a clue :eek: :eek: :eek: and clearly deserve any and all pain they may suffer ;D ;D

I find that harsh
Rankjo

Been awhile since I've posted anything and I'm jumping in late, but ...

The first 15 seconds I looked at this ebay listing, my guess was the rig in question was used for tailgating parties. My gut tells me the body damage is the result of inebriation, It would make me think twice. Or 4-5 times, no matter what the price -

Danny
Poulsbo WA

People get carried away on fleebay ::)

It's never happened on anything I was selling though :mad:

Road Runner said:
People get carried away on fleebay ::)

It's never happened on anything I was selling though :mad:

I've had this exact experience.  I'm a frequent buyer and occasional seller.  Whenever I have something that seems like a good eBay sale, I do research on auctions for an item similar to what I have, get the WOW factor and get all excited when I see how much it may potentially go for, list the item, and it's a near flop.  I'm lucky to break even.  :p

I'll just stick with buying.  ::)

How about being a good guy and email the buyer that he paid too much for a salvage vehicle and that it will cost him more time and money to get it inspected and registered? Maybe he can back out of the deal?

tweak said:

While we certainly have and may express our own opinions amongst ourselves, to email a total stranger who has NOT asked for outside 'assistance' could very well construed as a personal afront - kind of like saying to him "Your sister is the ugliest girl I've ever seen". Definitely not any of our business or in good taste.

Karl said:
While we certainly have and may express our own opinions amongst ourselves, to email a total stranger who has NOT asked for outside 'assistance' could very well construed as a personal afront - kind of like saying to him "Your sister is the ugliest girl I've ever seen". Definitely not any of our business or in good taste.

And if you do it from your own eBay account (which is required since nobody uses their e-mail address as their eBay user ID anymore), it's a violation of their TOS and they can suspend YOUR account for trying to get involved in a transaction that you're not involved in.  I've gotten a nastygram from eBay before over a similar situation, when I was trying to be a nice guy and do a favor for another buyer.

I understand what you're saying Iwanna, as far as doing the right thing and letting the poor sucker know what he bought.  But that's the risk he took in buying from eBay sight unseen (if that was the case), and unfortunately there's not much we can do for him now.

Karl said:

Very good point Karl.  Besides one has no way of knowing how much the buyer actually knows about his purchase.

If it was me who paid this money it would really pi$$ me off getting a commutation like it.

Ron said:
Very good point Karl.  Besides one has no way of knowing how much the buyer actually knows about his purchase.

Ignorance is bliss. :) Yeah it was not a good idea and against ebay rules. I hope nobody contacted the poor soul to tell him what a dumb a** .......

I suspect it was a typo and should have said communication instead of commutation. John was probably suffering jet lag when he typed that. Or he may have been over-excited at seeing all those RVs at Lazy Days.

commutation: "... whereby an individual presently incarcerated and serving an active sentence has their sentence commuted or reduced by any number of years, months, or days, or to make parole eligible, or to time served which would release the individual immediately."

Maybe a Freudian slip? ;) Think about it!

Back
Top Bottom