Happy Trails Super Bowl Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeff

Moderator Emeritus
Well the gang at Happy Trails is at it again!

Join us for the RV Forum Super Bowl XLII party Sunday, February 3. Game time is 3:16PM or so AZ time so we will be partying by 2:00pm. We'll have brats and burgers so bring anything else you would like to share. I would appreciate a rough head count by the 1st. If you aren't sure come anyway!

Some will get to cheer on their favorite team and the rest of us will just cheer!

Place: Happy Trails RV Resort Lot 1148
17200 W Bell Road
Surprise AZ
Time: 2:00PM
Sunday February 3, 2008

We'll be there.  Is Russ bringing the big screen TV?

Jeff:

The Admiral and I wish we could make it.  But at that time we will be up in Havesu Springs, fishing and visiting friends from Idaho.

This likely will be the first year we route for an NFC team ever since the NFL split.  If the Packers get into the Bowl (and they will), we want to see Olde Farte Favre knock the stuffing out of Tom Brady.  Normally we are AFC all the way, but Favre's first win ever in Dallas, followed by a win in New England would be an even better story than the perfect season story!

Jeff:

Count Shirley and I in.

BTW, will you be in Phoenix next Friday or Saturday to play golf.  Hopefully we will be in the area by Thursday night.  We would play in Goodyear.

Smokey:

Sorry you can't make it. We need to get togetherwhen Sue gets back this weekend.

Ron:

Will do. We have friends arriving late next week but there is always time for a round. Have you played the courses up here, Arizona Legends next door and Sun City Grand?

Jeff Cousins said:
Smokey:

Sorry you can't make it. We need to get togetherwhen Sue gets back this weekend.

Ron:

Will do. We have friends arriving late next week but there is always time for a round. Have you played the courses up here, Arizona Legends next door and Sun City Grand?

Haven't played those courses, but anything goes.  Might warn you though, we might not make it on time.  One of our son's had surgery a couple weeks ago on tendons in an ankle.  Today the doctor told him, they might have to open his leg on Monday because of an infection.  We were planning to leave on Tuesday morning, but might get delayed.  I'll keep you posted.  As soon as I know we are leaving, I'll let you know and you can get a tee time.

Ron

Sorry, can't make it for the first ever Chargers/Packers Bowl.  I'll be off the Carolina coast fishing for Blue Fin Tuna.

We have some great football matchups between now and then.  It's too bad the fishing forecast doesn't hold the same promise. 

Have a great time and maybe I'll get to party hardy with all you folks some day in the future.  lou

Jeff:

When do you and Sue had for QZ?  We expect to leave this coming Wednesday (1/23).  Taking my golf clubs, but likely the QZ match will be over by the time we get there.

I'll be doing Emerald Canyon the week of the 28th as part of our visit to Havesu Springs.

Smoky:

I thought we were going out Sunday AM but was just informed that there is a pottery class that day so we are leaving Monday AM. ::)

Jeff Cousins said:
Smoky:

I thought we were going out Sunday AM but was just informed that there is a pottery class that day so we are leaving Monday AM. ::)

Obviously you still get the last two words in. ;D ;D ;D

You all just do not realize what a pottery lover I am. ::) ::)

Jeff -

Sorry I won't be able to join the gang at the Super Bowl party.  Cindy and I are back in WA state - we flew home this morning to deal with a family problem.

However, I did get to drive past the stadium a couple of times while delivering the stuff in the motorhome to Cindy's aunt - I'm NOT sorry I'll be missing the crowds this weekend!

BTW - it was interesting finding a place to leave the rig for a couple of weeks.  I tried numerous storage lots in Phoenix - most were full, the few that weren't would be HAPPY to let it stay there ... provided I pay the "Super Bowl Weekend" price of $270!

I was considering taking the rig back to Quartzsite and leaving it in the Lifestyles lot, but I was able to get a space in Apache Junction for a reasonable price.  The toad is in long term parking at the airport.

I'm coming back in a week or two to retrieve them and work my way north.

You've all hear of being a day late and a dollar short, well I'm a year early and about 2 grand short from what I hear Superbowl tickets go for.  I'm off to Tampe/St Petes Saturday, but the now I find out it's next year's game that's in Tampa, oh well, I thought I'd see how much ticket would be for next year's game, and there not for sale yet, but they tried to sell me bargain tickets for this year's game at @2,600 US Dollars :-\  I guess I won't ever see a Superbowl live at that price.
      So, we'll just have to gather at the well with a few pops and a TV to watch the game.  But must admit it will be nice to watch it outdoors, in shorts, no snow to trudge through, plus my Pats will be completing a perfect season.

Back
Top Bottom