ill Water Pump/ System not giving flow to the taps n' toilet???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

28ft

Hello Lords.

Our 1985 Chevy Pace Arrow has recently decided to neglect its water functions a bit.  Even when the tank is full, the pump sometimes runs for a half hour before the water starts flowing from the toilet or kitchen sink.  Lately now... it seems like it doesn't want to work at all.  Each time we fill up our tank the water takes longer and longer to start rolling through the system.  Any of you guys run into something like this??? 

Just a quick though, seems like you have a vacuum leak between the pump and the water storage tank. Also possible that the pump has developed a leak in the diaphragm, but check and tighten all connections between the pump and the tank first.

I had similar problem in my Pace Arrow (94) and it turned out to be the filter on the inlet side of the pump!! Very easy to fix once I discovered that the clear ball type thing on that side of the pump screwed apart!!

Just one of the many things I've learned from the experienced minds on this forum!!

Which deserves another thank you to all who help us newbies through our crisis's !!

Randy

Others have already made some good suggestions of things to check. Question: Do you pump the tank empty before refilling? Many RV water systems have trouble 'priming the pump" once it's run dry. When the water does start to flow again, do you get good pressure or is it kind of weak? Measure the voltage AT THE PUMP when it's running. Is it close to 12 volts?

I'd bet on a clogged pump intake. Most have a filter there. An air leak in the suction line to the tank is a possibility, but usually you get foamy water with that.

Disconnect the pump inlet and outlet to check for debris. Reconnect the inlet only and run the pump to see if you get water there at the pump (a short length of hose helps run the water outside rather than into the compartment). That will isolate the problem to the pump and tank or elsewhere in the water system.

Back
Top Bottom