Shayne back in hospital

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smoky

... and he is not doing well.  He is in Boswell Hospital.

Shayne had returned home from his surgery last week and then suffered two strokes.  One paralyzed half his body, the other affected his brain.

On Sunday he briefly regained consciousness, only to slip back into a coma.

We spoke with Audrey this evening and learned that Shayne is not doing well at all.  He needs your prayers.  It is difficult to give medication because of the two different kinds of strokes that require different medical approaches. 

Shayne is not able to receive phone calls.  However if you wish to send a card please send me an email and I will send you their mailing address.

Audrey's daughter has flown here from Illinois, and her son lives her locally.  So she has family with her and friends here in the park.  We can only wait ... and say lots of prayers.

Smoky

That's news I really never wanted to hear.  :( I have not met shayne, personally, but I feel like I know him and Audrey. My best hopes and prayers to him and his family.

Ray D

Thanks for the update on Shayne even if it isn't what we wanted to hear.  Please Give Audrey our best and tell her that we are thinking of them and remmebering Shayne and her in our prayers.

Ron and Ray, thanks much for your responses.  In fact, in a day or so I will print out any replies and take them over to Audrey.  If Shayne cannot read them, maybe it will be possible for Audrey to read the replies to Shayne.  Even if he is still not conscious, it might be a source of support to him.  He has many good friends on this forum.

Smoky

Smoky,

Thanks for the update. Tell Shayne to hang in there. They can do some miraculous things now. Went though this with Peg in "06.

Please let Audrey and Shayne know they are in our prayers.

We just saw them a week ago and he looked as well as ever.  We are so sorry to hear of these latest developments.  Please pass our sympathies on to Audrey and the family and we'll hope for a swift recovery.

Oh my, Smoky, we're really sorry to hear that. Shayne is a fighter and, with everyone's prayers and best wishes, I'm sure he'll come through this OK.

Smoky,
Please tell Shayne to hang tough.  We enjoy his participation of Forum and the fact that he tells it like he sees it.
So now we tell him to get over this present health challenge and to be well. I also send warm hugs to his family as caregivers  need support too.
Fondly ,

Betty Brewer

Terrible, sad news. I don't know Shayne but have enjoyed his contributions to these chats.

I have recently known several people who have made amazing comebacks from strokes, heart attacks and cancer. For all we gripe about the expense modern medicine is truly amazing.

Will pray for Shayne and his family.

Smoky,

I sent you an email last night and it came back as undeliverable. I used the email address in your forum profile. If you see this message, could you please email me a snail mail address for Shayne and Audrey. Click the 'envelope' icon beneath my avatar to send me an email.

Thanks.

Please send my best wishes for a speedy recovery from this side of the pond too.

I never met him, we just went a few rounds from time to time.

Fingers crossed he and his family will be OK.

Paul

Shayne had returned home from his surgery last week and then suffered two strokes.  One paralyzed half his body, the other affected his brain.

On Sunday he briefly regained consciousness, only to slip back into a coma.

We spoke with Audrey this evening and learned that Shayne is not doing well at all.  He needs your prayers.  It is difficult to give medication because of the two different kinds of strokes that require different medical approaches.

Darn. We will add Shayne and his family to our prayer list, sending healing thoughts, prayers and hugs to them. 

Jack and Liz

Very sad to hear.  "Old, Stubborn, Opinionated, Set in my Ways, and Independent,  IMHO", but a blast to banter with, and a wealth of knowledge.  Please pass on my best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Smoky,

Please tell Audrey that Shayne is in our prayers and that we hope that his stubbornness will help him get through this.

Tim & Jan

Smoky,

Pass along our thoughts and prayers and hugs to Audrey and Shayne. Tell him to get well so we can go back to giving him a hard time.

Wendy & Mike

Please send me an E-mail or PM with all the needed info, I will submit Shayne to a prayer group, in addition to my own thoughts and prayers.

There have been several studies asking the question "Does prayer help"

The one I read in detail, the answer was YES.

Sorry for the news.  I wish him and his family the best and will keep them in my prayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sandlers
Back
Top Bottom