More Questions RE: Verizon Services

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jackliz

Howdy, Y'all.

What is Verizon 1XRTT? What is Verizon ExpressNet? Does anyone use Verizon's Internet Broadband service? Good, bad?

Thanks,
Liz

Liz, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/InternetByCellPhone/

They have a large library of tutorials and the people are very good at answering all your questions and sorting out rumors about various services.

Bob

Jackliz said:
Howdy, Y'all.

What is Verizon 1XRTT? What is Verizon ExpressNet? Does anyone use Verizon's Internet Broadband service? Good, bad?

Thanks,
Liz

IXRTT is an abbr for Interexchange Radio Transmission Technologies. It's not Verizon per se but the std being developed to enable what's called 3G technologies.

Checked this several weeks ago and here is what I remember - I decided to not purchase either and went with regular cell phone America's Choice plan using MOK.

ExpressNet is a Verizon Internet service for speeds up to 144 Kbps

Broadband goes from 200-700 Kbps

Both these plans go for $79.99 /month 24/7 (last time I checked) or one can go with bandwidth purchase i.e. 20MB $39.99/mo or 60MB $59.99/month  It requires a card that from Verizon runs $199.99 for 2 yr contract or $249.99 for 1 yr.

However, the broadband service is limited to about 30 cities at present time so useless unless ones travels are to these cities or reside there. 

Leo

1xRTT is the 144kbps max speed, it's available on either Verizon or Sprint networks when on a network digital signal. EV-DO is the "Broadband" spreed limited to Verizon's major markets right now..

Back
Top Bottom