furnace for a Jayco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

waterbug

I have a 01 Jayco Heritage that is fully loaded that I bought used it has everything on it but a furnace for some reason, the only thing it has is a heater in the a/c and those are worthless. I would like to put a furnace in it and would love any ideas on what ones are good are bad and how hard they are to install. Thanks for any and all info!! 

Your choice for RV furnaces are Atwood and Suburban. Most Rvs have Atwoods [see web site & brochure].

Furnaces have to be vented outside, so you will need to cut a hole in the sidewall. You also need some sort of duct for most models, but maybe there is one that simply spews the warm air out the front. I used to have one of them in some RVs I owned many years ago, but not sure if that type is still available.

If I read my RV Parts and Accessories book correctly, the various Atwood/Suburban furnace models come with installation directions, and venting tubes.  You will have to do the 12-v wiring and the propane connection. 

My Fleetwood Niagara has the furnace, and amongst the 1" thick paperwork was the installation manual as well as a user guide.  You might look at the PopupPortal Website as some manuals are available for download/viewing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom