Shayne's passing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
It was with deep sadness that I read this message from Shayne's family this evening. Many folks here were on Shayne's email list and will have received the same message.

Today is a good day knowing that heaven has received a wonderful, strong, caring proud man today. He was a friend to all and an enemy to none, you could always count on him for a good laugh, or a shoulder to lean on, or whatever else you could dream up He would always be there in any way that was helpful.

He enjoyed life and everything about it, he was living his dream and wouldn't change anything that was ever dealt to him. He had more friends than we'll ever know and it kept climbing each day. We all Loved him for him and he loved us all for us. I myself know that he made us better and made so many of our dreams come true.

Today is a day to remember him he may be gone but will never be forgotten he's in good hands now and we know it's were he would want to be.

My family and myself would like to thank each one of you for your prayers and thoughts during Dad's journey but the lord had other plans for him, He was taken from us this evening but it's a better place for him to be.

Cards or condolences may be sent to

c/o Shayne Berta
3455 W. Angela dr.
Phoenix, AZ 85053

Truly news of mixed blessings.  My deepest sympathy and condolences go to all whose lives were touched by Shayne and to those who have lost this loved one.  Hard times, indeed, but will fortunately pass with the aid of fond memories.  Tom, thank you for the post.

BT

"I have only slipped away into the next room, I am I and you are you. Whatever we were to each other, that we still are. Call me by my old familiar name. Speak to me in the easy way which you always used. Play, smile, think of me. All is well."

~ Henry Scott Holland (shortened from What is Death?)

I wish to offer my deepest sympathy and condolences  to Shayne's family and friends.  He will be missed.

JoAnn

Am very saddened by this news. I am here at the site of the upcoming Quartzsite rally. It was here that I met Shayne two years ago. His friend, Smoky, had introduced him to the RV Forum and invited him to check out the Rally. I wasn't sure who he was at first -- all I can recall seeing was a motorhome parked beside Smokey's rig -- having pulled straight in vs. backing in because he was pulling a long, long, covered utility trailer. Seems he had brought his golf cart and also decided he would bring all of his tools so if anyone needed help repairing anything, he would be ready to assist.

I finally met Shayne when I was able to catch him walking to the central fire ring area of the rally just before that day's happy hour. Most of the time he was zipping back and forth to that area in his golf cart -- with a huge, "I am very happy to be here" kinda look on his face. I asked him if he was familiar with the movie, Shane, and he quickly told me how important that movie was to him. He then asked if I would like to review the copy he kept in his MH. He then explained that the length of the trailer was to pull his Lincoln, if I was wondering why the overkill of such a huge trailer just to carry golf cart.

He obviously had a great time here. Each time someone would mention a problem of any kind with their rig, he would volunteer the necessary tool to fix it. And once he found the way to the on-line messaging area of the forum, he became one of the most active contributors - with his own unique and friendly style of response. He was planning to attend this year by visiting via car as he had sold their MH earlier -- I assume because of his illnesses. I was looking forward to seeing him again -- and will miss him very much.

My condolences to all his family members, and I am sure he will rest in peace. He was a good and kind human being . . .

My condolences to Shayne's family.  What a loss.  I met Shayne briefly at Quartzsite, but never really spent any time with him.  I do remember his tool trailer and golf cart as well as several messages on the forum.  I would love to have played horseshoes with him.  Maybe sometime in the future.

Sad news of a great guy passing, although this time comes for all of us.  I really feel beyond privileged now to have met Shayne and spent a short afternoon with him this past October when he was passing through Illinois.  He is the forum member who most influenced our family's decision to buy an RV (as well as which one to buy, when the opportunity came up) and for that I will always be grateful.  I'll think of him every I hook up to a campsite, see a Lincoln Continental, put Mobil 1 oil in my car, or spray a dose of Dri Wash n Guard onto my RV.  I wish God's peace and healing to Shayne's family in this time of grieving, and someday I'll see you in that big campground in the sky.  :'(  I'll find you by looking for the orange hat, buddy.  :)

Attachments

• meeting2.JPG
    meeting2.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 44
My condolences to Audrey and the family.

I am so glad that they got to come over to our party the day before. I will miss his humor and interesting posts on the forum.

I am saddened by the  loss of Shayne.  Over the years in my travel  journals here on the Forum, Shayne was like having my own personal cheer leader.  With every post or picture he came back with a compliment and such excitement about the location that I felt as if he traveled along with us.  He seemed to  love life to the fullest.  What an impact he made in a way he may never even have known.  I am hoping  Audrey's sadness will be lessened by the sympathies  and good memories offered here.

I met Audrey only once at a Russ Mahoney potluck  gathering so today, in Shanes honor, I will make  Audrey's  "Gooey  Butter Cake."   Shane's passing reminds me that Life is short and to eat dessert first. 

Thank you Audrey for the recipe and cyber hugs to you and your family.

Betty

We will truly miss Shayne's posts here. He's one of those "friends we never met" for most of the forum. We were lucky enough to meet him 2 years ago in Quartzsite when he parked across from us with that giant trailer. I wondered what crazy person used a 30-foot trailer to haul a golf cart. Then I met him and I knew....a funny, kind, always helpful person. He will never be forgotten.

Our sympathy to Audrey and family.
Wendy & Mike

It is indeed sad to hear of Shayne's passing.  I too never met Shane in person but feel like I knew him from reading many and responding to some of his posts here.  My prayers and condolances go out to his family.

Dan

c/o Shayne Berta

Earlier I requested Shane's full name so I could add him to a prayer group or two.  Assuming it is Berta, I'll add him to the common prayers this Sunday and if I can another group as well.

My thoughts are with his family.

Like Mayor Bob.  I met Shane 2 years ago in QZ

Dear Audrey,

Ardra and I want to express our condolences to you.  It is with a tear in our eye and sadness in our heart that we write this note.  We met Shane at Quartzsite two years ago when he brought his long trailer with him.

He is gone now but not forgotten.  His contributions to this world will be remembered.  It is best that he went quickly and without suffering.  Shane would not want to be incapacitated by a double stroke so we bid him farewell as remember him.

On the positive Shane was able to laugh, enjoy life, walk around, help others, do things, and be part of everyday life right up until the very end, which came suddenly, and that is the way most folks would prefer it.

Shane...God Bless your soul. 

Audrey...We wish you the best in whatever way you say goodbye to him.

Love and condolences,

Jerry & Ardra FitzGerald

John In Detroit said:
Earlier I requested Shane's full name so I could add him to a prayer group or two.  Assuming it is Berta, I'll add him to the common prayers this Sunday and if I can another group as well.

One of my FMCA chapters had a welcoming the Sabbath service last Friday nite. One of the things we do is a prayer for the ill. As I went to the service, I realized that in all the time we have known Shayne, I never knew his last name. Or was his last name Shayne, then I never knew his first name. As the prayer was said, I realized that it didn't matter first or last, everyone knows who Shayne is and he will be missed.

And now Bev and I look forward to finally meeting him face to face after we ferry across the river.

May his soul and and souls of all the faithful departed rest in peace and rise in glory. . .

Thanks Tom for posting that message.  We are still reeling here, a few blocks away from his two park models over on First Street.  Later this evening we are going to pay a short visit to Audrey.  We will also take a printout of this thread; the comments mean so much to his family.

Bernie, your message really keyed onto the kind of person Shayne is.  He's like "Joe" in the story I told in the other thread.  Everyone who has met him remembers and loves him and it doesn't matter what other names he might go by.  He is Shayne to everyone.

Dear Lord I miss that orange hat, but I know it is bobbing about this very moment as he runs around in heaven and shakes hands with all the saints, makes the angels laugh, and hands out Audrey's pies and cookies for everyone to enjoy.  By the time the sun sets, everyone in heaven will know who Shayne is, even if they are not sure yet about St. Peter.

Smoky,

We all lost a good friend, and I know that you were especially close to Shayne.

Back
Top Bottom