Orange Hat Day for Quartzite?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smoky

I know this comes a little late, but such are the circumstances.

I was wondering if we could designate an Orange Hat Day at QZ in memory of Shayne Berta?  I remember at our first QZ Betty Brewer was designated as activity director and coordinated (very ably) the events there.  Is there still such a director that I need to discuss this with?

Earlier today we had a knock on our door, and it was Keith Berta.  You won't believe this, and it might even bring a smile to your face.  He delivered a bag of about 20 brand new orange baseball caps that he found stashed away.  No question that Shayne was NEVER going to run out of orange hats.  ;D  Based on the ragged one I always saw on his head, I am sure these would have lasted him several hundred years.

At any rate, I was hoping maybe we could designate an Orange Hat Day when everyone would don an orange hat in memory of Shayne.  It could make quite a sight at the campfire, and we could deliver a toast to him.  I know THAT would bring a smile up there to HIS face.

Sharon and I already have orange hats so we won't need to use one if his.  If anyone has their own orange hat, bring it along.  We can take Shayne's hats and give them to those who don't own an orange hat.  These are brand new, never used baseball caps with the universal size adjusting strap.

Sharon and I are arriving on the Wed 23rd, so maybe Thursday the 24th would be a good time to hand them out?

That's a wonderful idea Smoky. We won't be there, but I'll wear an orange hat that day in memory of Shayne.

Tom said:
That's a wonderful idea Smoky. We won't be there, but I'll wear an orange hat that day in memory of Shayne.

I think it is a great idea ands I will also wear an orange hat that day in memory of Shayne.

Smoky said:
I was wondering if we could designate an Orange Hat Day at QZ in memory of Shayne Berta?

Great idea, Smoky. Not sure if Betty will be here this year -- so I just took a vote of all the members currently at the RV Forum site in QZ so far, and it passed unanimously. If Helaine isn't lurking here, I'll pass the info on to her when she arrives.

We will have an Orange Hat Day at the 08 rally . . . 

Bob Buchanan said:
Great idea, Smoky. Not sure if Betty will be here this year -- so I just took a vote of all the members currently at the RV Forum site in QZ so far, and it passed unanimously. If Helaine isn't lurking here, I'll pass the info on to her when she arrives.We will have an Orange Hat Day at the 08 rally . . . 

Sorry All,
I will NOT be in Quartzsite this year as we will just be entering Mexico on our 46 day  Caaravan to Yucatan.  I will happily wear an orange hat on that Day in honor of Shayne .  I think an Orange hat celebration is  very fitting.  I would  only ask that phots be taken to share with all of us!
Betty

Hey gang great!  This is wonderful, and Betty's idea of a picture is terrific.  I know Audrey and the family will cherish a color print of everyone around the campfire wearing orange hats.  I thought we had twenty of them to bring with us, but the Admiral did the official count and there are a dozen.  Well, don't you think I was pretty close?  Close enough for government work, as they say.  ;D

Jeff, we have an orange hat now with your name on it.  Does Sue need one?  (11 left).

Make your orange hat reservations on this thread, but if you can provide your own, there will be more for us to pass around to those who who need one.

Smoky

Ned and I will be coming up Wed or Thurs morning so save two for us.  We would be happy to honor Shayne that way.

OK, hat list is:

Jeff (Sue?)
Lorna
Ned

BTW Shayne told me you guys are going to be neighbors soon.  When will that happen and where will you be located?

Smoky

We will be there Feb 1 to March 2nd on site 124 I believe.  Will confirm that next week at the rally.  We will have to get together.

Smoky

Does the old Compuserve RV Forum hat, kind of a yellowy orange count? If not, I'll need one also.

Smoky:

Sue found an orange visor so I am back to one.

Thanks

Smoky, Save a couple of orange hats for Mike and I. I'm also going to look around at the QZ shows and see if I can find some more. (Hmmm, you'd think I'd have an orange Broncos hat somewhere, wouldn't ya?) Wouldn't it be great if everyone had an orange hat that day?

Wendy

Lorna:

Looking forward to the arrival of you and Ned at Pueblo n February!  Maybe by then you guys will be celebrating a Packer SuperBowl Chsampionship.  We won't be returning to Pueblo until after the superbowl. (from Lake Havesu after QZ).

Jeff, still have you for 1 hat... the list now is:

Jeff
Lorna
Ned
Wendy
Mike. 

I did a count myself today and there are only 10 hats total, not 20, not 12.  So that leaves 5 hats left to hand out.

Karl. QZ just won't be the same without you.  I will miss the smell of an expensive single malt rising up from the desert floor!  ;D

Current list now:

Jeff
Lorna
Ned
Wendy
Mike
Barb
Frank
Dick
Lois

We have 1 hat left.

Barb, I might have gotten it (I get over 250 a day and hard to remember them) or if it went to the address listed on the forum it might have gotten buried in spam.  If I answered you I got it.  If not, I missed it.

If you asked me to add names to this list, my senile mind likely forgot to associate an email with a forum thread.  Glad you spoke up in time!  All 4 of you are now on the list.

Don't forget folks, we are planning to wear orange hats (or anything orange if you don't have a hat) on Thursday to commemorate Shayne Berta who passed away last week.  We will deliver the hats to folks on our list when we arrive on Wednesday.  At Thursday afternoon's campfire we hope to get a picture of everyone in orange.  Maybe someone will allow us to take the shot from atop one of the nearby coaches?

Back
Top Bottom