Orange Hat Day for Quartzite?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Smokey.  I have an orange shirt I could where is someone is in need of 2 hats.  We are suppose to meet our friends at the ranger station on Wed.  They have a gray dodge pu, with a Cedar Creek 5'er.  I've given them directions, so if they wander in by themselves, please give them a big welcome, and plant them somewhere. Oh and there is Taffy the golden retriever.

Thanks
Barb

...we are planning to wear orange hats (or anything orange if you don't have a hat) on Thursday to commemorate Shayne Berta who passed away last week.

Thanks Smoky. I wasn't sure which day. I'll get an announcement up and get it in the calendar.

Before I post an announcement, could someone please confirm that Thursday is the orange hat day for sure.

TIA

Tom said:
Before I post an announcement, could someone please confirm that Thursday is the orange hat day for sure.

TIA

It's for sure. Announced at Happy Hour tonight.

Wendy

We have an announcement in our Forum news area here and I'll be posting in a few other places.

Thanks to Smoky for the idea of this tribute to a wonderful man we all knew simply as Shayne.

I'm in Quartzsite and found a vendor with Orange Ski Caps (the knit pullover kind) for $1 each.  I modeled one at Happy Hour today and it got a good reception.  I'll be picking up a dozen or so tomorrow so they'll be available in lieu of true orange caps if needed.

Skiing, in Quartzsite  ???  Lou, be sure to send us a photo of you in full ski gear and the orange ski cap.

At $1/hat, that was a great find.

Lou:

Thanks very much for your thoughtfulness!  It was a pleasure meeting you yesterday afternoon after we arrived.  Someday a separate thread might be a topic on the new toad brake system you purchased.  First time I have ever seen or even heard of an ENTIRELY MECAHNICAL brake system with no 12 volts required.  Appears to be a very well thought out system.

If you have any left over orange ski I'd like to purchase one.  I think a brilliant orange ski cap looks terrific!  I also noticed they can be worn OVER A COWBOY HAT as Russ and Bernie so ably demonstrated!  My first evening at QZ for this rally and I am already seeing sights that I have seen nowhere else in the USA!  ;D

The afternoon before we departed for QZ, Shayne's son Keith came by with a couple more bags of orange hats from the Illinois Dept of Transportation (now you Bear fans know where all your tax dollars disappeared to).  So combined with Lou's orange ski hats, looks like we got plenty for all.  I enjoyed meeting Barb yesterday, along with Frank, Dick and Lois.  They welcomed me to a late night "Michigan Campfire" where we talked about Indians in California, Havasu, Pyrotechnics, overnighting at Wal-Mart, and lots of other topics of worldly importance!  They have their orange hats now along with Mike and Wendy, Sue and Jeff. I am still looking for Lorna and Ned who are due to arrive today.

The Admiral (Sharon) and I will be heading down to Algodones today for our drug supply.  We depart (hopefully) at 6 am.  Will be a good test to see if we can find our way out in the dark.  ;D  Our early departure should get us back here in plenty of time for this evening's campfire around 4 pm where we will be toasting Shayne, looking skyward, and wearing our orange hats.  If anyone still needs one, I got a whole bag full.  Last one's in line have to take the two hats with smudges on them.  ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom