Hurricane Heating System problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lars

Looked through Library and did Advanced search and didn't find what I am looking for. Our 99 Beaver Patriot we just bought had to have a new pump installed before we took possession. We had trouble with the furnace kicking on. We have read all manuals and how to operate and still are confused. It seems like sometimes it works after resetting the switch (off then back on) on the wall. Was told not to turn on fans until it has run for 5 minutes. Downloaded Rixen's tech manual and hope that helps. Thing confusing is that it seems like it has been "tinkered" with and I can't find all the systems parts ie: fuel filter, bleeder valves, water tank filler cap, etc.

When it works it is great and we finally get it going every night. Once running it does fine. The switch beeps after turning it on and turns red. It sometimes starts and runs 1-2 minutes then beeps and turns red and off.

I am west of Olympia, WA and if I don't get any satisfaction from RV Dealer I am heading to Vancouver to Hurricane or down to Portland to Rixen. Seems like it was just worked on that it would be working. That is why I think it is operator error.

Thanks for any input.
Lars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chaderic
Back
Top Bottom