LCD TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Wayne. Not like the excellent work that you and Gary did. But, for the approx $500 price of the TV, it sure beats the $10,000 price I was given at Davis Cabinets and the $500K price of the coach that Chris was looking at last week. in Grass Valley :eek:

Having the garage and tools at home to work with also helps a lot.  ;D

Attachments

• Chris_Dynasty.jpg
    Chris_Dynasty.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 59
Thanks Ron. Chris gave me the thumbs up, so now I can start working on more projects  ;D

She's wanting tile down the center of the coach, but I need to have someone do that for us. The challenge is to prevent her tearing out the carpet before we get to a tiler  :(

Looks fine to me , Tom.

There's a good cabinet maker in Decatur (Greg Mies @ From Trees to These) who would re-build that cabinet with your 26" tv for well under $1000. More like $700, but I'm guessing.  In fact, for around $1200 he would probably re-design it to use your 32 inch instead. He is fast and reasonably priced.

Thanks Gary. Just found his web site here (from the email address you provided). I'll keep him in mind for the next time we're headed out that way.

I'm not really into cabinetry, so having a professional job at those prices would be great.

Thanks, it almost did Robert  ;D

BTW did you notice I was watching your favorite news channel in the last photo?

Tom:

Mine took three days including trips back to Best Buy and Home Depot, how about you?

About the same Jeff, but I was doing other stuff in parallel  ;D

Wayne,

The current version is actually my second prototype. We were driving around with the first prototype for a year  ;D 

Ron said:
Seems like a stupid position to take unless they can provide an excellent reason for taking this position.  Wonder if Motosat is aware of any reason for this position. ??? ???

I looked at both the Motosat and Weingard in detail and the construction is not significantly better between units The one thing I note about the Motosat is not only does it cost significantly more the current buyers of that antenna have had to go through somewhere between 5 and 10 software upgrade in the last two months due to many bugs whereas the Weingard has been out since January with no required software upgrades. I'm fairly positive they both will work fine but the negative propaganda that the Motosat dealers propagate casting doubt on the Weingard instead of providing real info as to why theirs is better and what justifies the price difference really soured me on the Motosat. I observed several coaches with the Weingard dish now and the owners have been quite satisfied.

Frankly speaking, I think both units are grossly overpriced. Especially considering that DirecTV will upgrade your home antenna to a 5 LNB for FREE. I understand there is more involved but $2k plus is ridiculous and just plan gauging. Problem is with the changes DirecTV is making moving their programming to the KA satellites making all Dome type and 1,2, or 3 LNB antennas obsolete over the next two years, the 5 LNB Weingard and Motosat are the ONLY two dishes you can buy that will still continue to receive the major programs in two years.

At this point I'm either going to buy the Weingard or wait until next year when th eprices come down.

Well, I have a bit more understanding of what's involved in the upgrade, 2k Is not out of line for the automatic dish

For a fixed install (or a tripod install) the job is change out the antenna, point it, done.

But the automatic roof tops the bigger antenna takes a different motor, a stronger mount, and a different controller

Quite a bit of modification  Of course if you have the best system Motosat came out with before the change.. Then it's a bit simpler. but still a major job.

Software updates happen because they rushed to market at the request of their users.. There is an old adage

Do not buy anything till revision 3

Applies

By the way.. Rumor on the nets is that DIRECTV is going to release yet another new antenna soon.. Though the current 5-lnb will continue to work.. The new antenna is smaller... You might wish to wait

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom